Gay Weddings

needs some ideas

HI Everyone!!!
My wonderful FI and I are getting married September 4, 2011... 2 mos away and we really want to have my two sister in laws and one of my cousins as our brides maids. since we are only having these 3 amazing women in our wedding do you guys having any ideas on how we should have them stand? one on her side and two on mine o have them stand behind us or what. We are having the wedding on the beach so its not formal. we are so stressed didnt give much thought of  it until now. Any ideas would be great! Hope eveyone is having a great weekend!!

Re: needs some ideas

• edited December 2011
    I don't usually post on this board but was lurking as a result of yesterday's news in New York, so here I am!  Anyway, if you are doing a wedding on a beach, why not wait and see how it all looks when you get there the day before?  You have the freedom to pick what looks nicest to you versus what a church tells you - which is what I have to comply with.  Personally, I think you would be fine having them stand as you stated in your post but you could also have them sit in a front row when the ceremony starts. 

I have been thinking about so many silly things as well and it's just because I want it to be perfect.  It's hard to let the small details go but take it all in stride and try not to over think minor details this far in advance  Your wedding is in September, you have time to think this through.  You could google beach ceremony images and see how others have done in the past and you could also ask your photographer for suggestions. 

Good luck and happy planning!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers BFP #1 12/12/11 - Missed M/C 1/9/12 ~ BFP #2 4/5/2012
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had only 2 people in our bridal party so we didn't have the "where to stand" issue. We actually didn't have them up at the alter at all. They walked down the aisle and then took their seats in the front row. It was just us and the officiant under the chuppah.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • roandkatroandkat member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Well they could possibly just sit in the front row or like you said, you could have two on your side and one on your partner's side if you dont mind it lookin a little uneven
  • edited December 2011

Thank you everyone for all the post.. they have all been helpful. Since its on the beach and we are doing the reception at a different location our pastor told us we didnt have to go through the trouble with chairs.Now, I am starting to think maybe we should have ha! ha!  I thought about them all standing in in one row  off to the side. so it would not block any of the pic. Thank you all so much for your feed back:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards