Gay Weddings
Options

BRIDE&&BRIDE

So, I will be wearing the dress, veil, etc., but my partner refuses to! She doesn't want to particularly wear a pants suit and definitely won't wear a tux either.. Any suggestions???

Re: BRIDE&&BRIDE

• Options
    I don't see the issue as long as she wears what's comfortable for her & it goes with your wedding theme. My partner will be wearing a cowboy shirt, cowboy boots, black jeans & a cowboy hat, lol....I'll be wearing a medieval style wedding dress...Different hu?
    Congrats to you both.
    GnK
  • Options
    H wore black pants, white shirt, and a vest. AND TENNIS SHOES! I talked her into the vest, but agreed to the shoes. It was a compromise that looked pretty adorable. Talk to your partner, see what she will wear (ask her to say what she IS willing to wear instead of what she won't). It also depends on the formality of your wedding and her comfort level. Good Luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I agree; ask her what she wants to wear.  In some ways, her wearing something other than a dress makes things easier.  Bioth of us wore dresses, and it wasn't easy to find a bridal salon that could help us find coordinating ones.
  • Options
    I agree, ask her what she envisions herself wearing at her wedding.

I will be wearing a white gown/veil and she will be wearing what she is comfortable in and wants to wear - black pants, black shirt and white vest.  It's who she is and what she likes so that's fine with me.  
  • Options
    Aww thanks and you were really helpful!!! And congrats to you both!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_bridebride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:08ae23ca-d226-4ba1-8373-21c0a34384b7Post:cfa05c9c-39c7-4fbf-ab9f-7aa52a850b1b">Re: BRIDE&&BRIDE</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't see the issue as long as she wears what's comfortable for her & it goes with your wedding theme. My partner will be wearing a cowboy shirt, cowboy boots, black jeans & a cowboy hat, lol....I'll be wearing a medieval style wedding dress...Different hu? Congrats to you both.
    Posted by gnkforever[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH! I didnt look at it that way!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_gay-weddings_bridebride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:44Discussion:08ae23ca-d226-4ba1-8373-21c0a34384b7Post:dda77272-2d62-45a9-bd29-c81b43b71371">Re: BRIDE&&BRIDE</a>:
    [QUOTE]H wore black pants, white shirt, and a vest. AND TENNIS SHOES! I talked her into the vest, but agreed to the shoes. It was a compromise that looked pretty adorable. Talk to your partner, see what she will wear (ask her to say what she IS willing to wear instead of what she won't). It also depends on the formality of your wedding and her comfort level. Good Luck!
    Posted by mmy101[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I bribed my girl into wearing a dress by letting her buy a new car she's been begging and I've been saying no for almost a year now. I really want to see her in a white wedding gown and she really didn't know what she wanted to wear but kept saying no dress so we made that the first major compromise of our marriage!
  • Options

Honestly...  what would she normally wear for a formal occasion?  If she doesn't wear, and isn't comfortable, in dresses on a regular basis, why would you want her in one for your wedding?

You should want your wedding to be a reflection of who you both actually are.  No offense meant, Moonlitwish, but bribing your partner to wear a dress with a car isn't a compromise, it's a bribe.  A compromise is where both people make concessions to come to an agreement, not a tit for tat kind of thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards