Washington-Seattle
Options

Florist

What florist have you chosen?

Why?

Did they come in @ the right price? A little higher, but you liked them more?

As some of you know, I am just beginning my hunt for a florist. Any advice (good & bad) would be appreciated!!

Thanks ladies!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Re: Florist

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I spoke with 2 florists last week, Kendra at Loves Me Flowers and Shannon at A Perfect Petal. I just received my quote from Kendra and she came in about $20 higher than I had asked, but I can see where to trim easily to get it lower and I liked her a lot. Now just waiting to hear from Shannon and see her proposal.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What florist have you chosen? Loves Me Flowers Why? Heard good reviews from other knotties, she was reliable in her communications and got back to me in a timely matter. Did they come in @ the right price? A little higher, but you liked them more? I think her prices are reasonable. I had a terrible time finding a florist because I was hunting in the peak of wedding season and everyone was super busy. Kendra took the time to take to me and came through when she said she would communicate with me.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What are you using your florist for?

I am thinking of only doing my & BM's bouquets, bouts & corsages for the moms.
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What florist have you chosen? We chose Miki Maxey of Miki's Flowers http://www.mikisflowers.com/weddings.html

Why? She was recommended by both my chapel and reception site and our dj. 

Did they come in @ the right price? We pretty much told her how much we wanted to spend and she worked with it.  She has been so great!  I don't know much about flowers - so she spent time with us looking at tons and tons of pictures and her notebooks - she made it totally easy. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have all that stuff plus center peices. I had her price them for me so I could compare how much it costs for her to do them vs. how much it would cost me to DIY them and I decided to go with having her do them.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What florist have you chosen? Sharon at The Perfect Petal Designs

Why? She was recommended by my DOC, came in under my budget (about $50), and I liked that she listened to me and what I wanted but also had good suggestions when I asked for some.  Plus, by that time I'd met with several florists and gotten about 9 quotes, so I REALLY knew what I was looking for in a florist personality wise.  She doesn't have the "I'm a florist and I'm absolutely awesome with great ideas so don't question me" attitude that a couple florists I met with had.

Did they come in @ the right price? A little higher, but you liked them more? Nope, she came in under (although now, with adding a 3rd BM, probably just a hair over) but she also was the lowest quote I got.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards