Gay Weddings

Planning a September wedding

Hello, everyone.

My partner of a year and I are planning to get married here in Massachusetts in September this year. I have found this site very useful. I'm not sure how my ex and I pulled it off almost 30 years ago for our first wedding without such help.

To introduce ourselves, I copied the questions from Alison's post below.

1. Your Name (age if you feel like it) Vernon and David, age 55 and 59

2. Location Springfield, MA

3. Wedding Date Sept. 9, 2012

4. WILD CARD! Anything else you feel like sharing
I got our wedding bands made already. They have both our birthstones, alexandrite and sapphires, in a row of rainbow-colored stones in 18k yellow and white gold.

Hope to learn a lot on this board.

Vernon

Re: Planning a September wedding

• Hi Vernon.  Congratulations on your engagement!  It's been my experience that the gay weddings board is pretty sleepy, so you may find some of the other boards to be more, well, interactive.  It's been my experience that the ladies are pretty nice.  (Although it make take them a while to figure out you're not a bride.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Thanks for the greetings and the admonitions about this board. I've already learned some things from posts and comments here.

Vernon
  • Yeah, this board is great for getting advice on issues specific to same-sex weddings.  However, when looking for advice on general marriage topics, you may want to consider other Knot boards.  I've been on all sorts of boards here, and the very rare hostile post is quickly removed by Knot staff.
  • Congratulations! Welcome aboard. Yeah for the most part the people on the other boards are all fine. Just like in real life of course there are some bad ones. Overall they are helpful, but like mentioned above they will assume your a bride!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Vernon!

If you are looking for a wedding video, there is a little-known gay only wedding video company called Marry Me Gay that specializes in gay and lesbian wedding videos.  My friend used them and they are great! The video looked really cool!  She said she felt like it was so personal she was glad she had them filming it.
    www.marrymegay.com
  • My partner and I are planning a September wedding too. Congrats to you both. We're going to Vermont. Anyone have any advice on planning destination weddings?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards