Canada

GTA/York Region Seamstress

Hi all, My bridesmaids have decided to have their dresses made based on a pattern (Vogue pattern: http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V8475.htm?search=V8475&page=1) and are looking for an experienced seamstress to make it. Any suggestions? I've Googled but have only found designers which would up the cost. It's a fairly simple dress but I don't want to cheap out and have a dress that falls apart. Thanks!

Re: GTA/York Region Seamstress

• edited December 2011
    My only suggestion would be to call some bridal salons and say that you have a dress that needs to be altered, do their seamstresses accept outside piece work? I know that Ritche Bridal does not do bridesmaid alterations on site, they provide a list of seamstresses to customers. I don't know if they'll do it, but they might pass the names on to you.
  • edited December 2011
    My seamstress was pretty awesome - check her out (she's in Davisville):Irene's Studio1560 Bayview AvenueToronto, ON M4G 3B8(416) 482-4579‎
  • edited December 2011
    Cute dresses! Are they going to be long or short? What colour?
  • edited December 2011
    I have two of my ladies involved, and while they both have the kinds of bodies that allow them to look anything and look great, I think one is going with a short dress (knee-length) and one with a long dress. Colourwise, I think a chocolate colour as the main part of the dress, and then one is having the straps and part under the bust a mocha colour, and the other one is going with the a more rosewater colour. I didn't want them to have to spend money on a dress they'll never wear again, but they both say that they'd wear something like this for other occasions. Also, I'm hoping that when/if they get married, they'll remember how easy going I was and not make me wear a taffeta ballgown if I'm a member of either wedding party. Wishful thinking, I know.... Thanks for the suggestions; I will pass along the info to my always eager MOH!
  • sillyasillya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you tried either Pom Penner or Pearl Seto?  I've heard great things about them both
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards