Washington-Seattle
Options

FMIL help

So My FMIL called yesterday and started asking about the wedding. Let me first say that I love her she is awesome. However, she hasn't really been involved in the wedding mainly because they live out of state. We tell her what's going on and she and FI's step father are paying for the RD but thats about it untill yesterday. She called and started throwing out a million questions about what she should wear and what else we need her to do yadda yadda. I am at a loss about what else she could do. we have everything covered and they live in Nevada and may possably be moving to abu dabi ( thats in the middle east) before the wedding and then flying in a few days before the wedding. Any ideas on what I could ask her for? FI  is on his way to Vegas today ( business trip) and is going to see her. He's going to ask her if she ment monitary help or actuall tasks. any advice would be great!
Visit Retro.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker 172 invitedimage 151 accepted!image 5 can't make itimage 16 haven't respondedimage

Re: FMIL help

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hopefully they will give you some money. :) That may be tacky but money is the best gift when weddings are involved IMO.

With the chance of her leaving, I'm not sure there is much that she can be incharge of. I would be too scared to give her something and then she moves around the world.. If she will come up here for a while you could ask her to do some things with you like pick out jewelry, shoes, cake tasting.. stuff like that. Have you already finalized flowers? Maybe she can help you with that.

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    briandbry2010briandbry2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah thats the problem. I told FI to ask her to get me a list of the relatives addresses for their side of the family and if they were offering more money then they could either pay all or half of chair covers that i have decided to add at the last min:). they are not contributing as much money wise as my parents but A) no one s required to anyway and B) we took into consideration they have to fly and stay in a hotel when asking what they could contribute.
    Visit Retro.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker 172 invitedimage 151 accepted!image 5 can't make itimage 16 haven't respondedimage
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just tell her not to worry, that you've got everyting covered and all you need from her is the list of addresses for her family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think she's just wanting to feel a little more involved, and while it's difficult because of the distance and future move, I think she's really just wanting to make sure you know that she IS interested and happy about the upcoming event. Just let her know that you appreciate her offer andat this time, you have everything under control, but that you will let her know if something comes up that she can help with.

If she had the money and time, it would be nice if she could come visit and you two could go shopping and looking for a dress for her. At least she's asking advice on what to wear rather than some horror stories we hear about one of the moms charging ahead and wearing white-ish things! So you might look up some dresses at Nordie's etc that you think would be flattering on her and would be appropriate to the wedding style. Then send the links in an email to her and call her up to chat about them. A lot of times, they just are at a loss of ideas. That will give you two a little connection on WR stuff. :)
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good idea that your FI will be seeing her and finding out what she is able to do or wants to be involved with. Since she asked you can give her some ideas of colors and style and even find some things and email her them. That way she can get an idea of what she thinks she may look good and feel comfortable in.
  • Options
    briandbry2010briandbry2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies. She and Step dad are coming up in Feb to meet my parents. They will see the venue then and go with us to meet the DOC to get an idea of the layout for the floor plan. Hopefuly we can do a bit of shopping too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards