Christian Weddings

Knottie of the Week - kkidd28

Sorry so late today, but its my birthday today and since it was just me, I excused myself - lol!

1.  Your Name & your Other Half's Name!  - Koretta & Sherwin

2.  Your Wedding Date  9/4/10

3.   Your Wedding Colors  Robin's Egg Blue & Espresso

4.  Your Age - His Age  31 As of Today, And He'll be 32 by the wedding

5.  Honeymooning where?  Antigua - Sugar Ridge Resorts

6.  Does your wedding have a theme?  Just trying to keep everything elegant

7.  How did he propose? 
In short, he was supposed to be bringing me my hairbrush!  When I pulled it out of his hand, he had the ring box.  He got on his knee and said something about we've had ups and downs in our 5 years......I honestly was in such shock I didn't hear the rest.  I just stuck out my hand, said yes, called my parents, and then posted on Facebook!

8.  What do you think has been your biggest courting challenge as a Christian couple and how have you all overcome it?
     Our biggest challenges have been trying to put our different lifestyles together.  We are doing premarital counseling and I think it is amazing.  I actually look forward to it.  As our pastor says, it is better to discuss things before the wedding cause if not, we'll be in there talking about them after.

9.  Any advice for other couples?
Talk to each other and leave everyone else out.  No one elase matters!

10.  What's your fave wedding movie?
It's a toss up between Bride Wars & 27 Dresses

11.  Fave wedding TV show?
Lately I've really been into Bridezilla - is it bad I sympathize with some of the Brides -lol!

12.  How long between the proposal and the wedding?
About 10 months.  We got engaged December 5th :-)!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Knottie of the Week - kkidd28

• kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And my answers are in the original post for anyone looking for a 2nd post.
  • edited December 2011

It was nice reading about you.

What has been your biggest wedding splurge?

With infinite funds, what items will you get for your wedding?

What is the most important thing you have learnt from your pre-marital classes?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011
    I am on vacation this week and was trying to avoid TK, but I just came on and saw this so I thought I'd ask you:

What, if anything, are you DIYing?

In your pre-marital counseling, did you complete an inventory (like FOCCUS or Prepare/Enrich) to learn more about what you agree on and what you disagree on?

Do you feel like you would do anything differently now that you've waited a bit to get married (as opposed to if you had gotten married in your early 20s)?  I ask because I feel like my wedding had been different if I had gotten married earlier.
  • kkidd28kkidd28 member
    edited December 2011
    My biggest wedding splurge has probably been my reception venue - lol!  I chose a really nice hotel because I feel very princess like when I walk into it!  Let's just say I am praying for declines when I open my mailbox  (smile)

If money were no option - I would have had my reception at the aquarium!  I loved the water and i would love to have have the fish swimming above me etc.  Other than that, I honestly think I got everything else!

Wow - from our premarital classes.  My biggest ah ha moment was when he broke down Genesis  2:24.  It came at a perfect time for us because he reminded us that no other relationship we would have - even our parents would be more important to us once God put us together.  It was reallly big because my FI and his Mom were always have "secret" conversations - they were way too close.  That verse has been amazing in reminding us to draw closer to each other rather than running to parents, friends, etc.
  • kkidd28kkidd28 member
    edited December 2011
    @ JoesGurl -Thanks for visiting during your vaca - lol!  Enjoy yourself while away!

I am trying to DIY with my centerpieces.  I am trying photo centerpieces that I found in a book.  I have laminated pictures of us in really pretty vases.  They have rocks at the bottom and water so the pics will float!  Alot harder than the book made it seem - so to date I have one half completed!  But 2 months to go!

We haven't done anything like that in our classes yet, we are still going through alot, so that may be coming.  We know alot about each other right now and we do sit with our Pastor and discuss the differences so that may be one of the many things he writes down. Half the time I feel like I'm talking to a psychologist cause he takes so many notes (smile).

Yes - there are differences.  Last week, I found out that my fathers parents who are 88 & 89 can't make it to my wedding because they don't travel well.  They live about 1100 miles away and aren't even up to flying lately.  It was the first time I really said wow - I wish I got married earlier.  I have always seen it as personal for everyone, but it really hurt me to find out they couldnt come.

Also, when it came to paying for things.  I know that if I had done this earlier, my parents would have paid for more - but at the same time, I like having the final say on what happens - so if I have to pay for that, I'm ok with it.  It would be different if I were in my twenties still, but the time we waited is what makes each of our relationships unique, so I'm still happy with my decision!

Cool
  • kkidd28kkidd28 member
    edited December 2011
    Mohutch had a few questions for me - I'm posting the answers here!

She asked how we plan on keeping our marriage focused on the Heavenly Father and keeping it healthy.  I am really excited cause our church has a Marriage Enrichment Ministry and they have monthly date nights.  I think a big part of marriage is spending time with other married couples!  So that will be big for us, and we also make a point to always go to church together and we are trying to start praying together as well!

What food do I want to try? 
    I want all the stuff being served during the hor d'ouevre hour  but I guess I'll be somewhere taking pics then!  But we have duck - lamb - stuff like that.  I actually like to cook stuff like that now, so it will be nice to try new recipes to be able to go home and make them after the honeymoon!

Funny thing is - everyone keeps saying I probably won't eat anything!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_knottie-of-week-kkidd28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:20f4e645-a9b6-4fff-8ef0-7e3e5059cd42Post:678f7027-5cf7-42da-8bf5-50b508e322ec">Re: Knottie of the Week - kkidd28</a>:
    [QUOTE]Funny thing is - everyone keeps saying I probably won't eat anything!
    Posted by kkidd28[/QUOTE]

All your answers have been really great. :) I enjoyed reading them! Here's a small piece of advice for you. A friend of mine gave me this advice to get food, and I am so glad she gave it to me! I don't know if you're doing a dinner or not, but if your are, do a sweet heart table instead of sitting at the head table. People actually leave you alone when you're eating, because they know you're sharing private moments. If you are taking pictures when the hors d' eourves are being passed around, ask a friend who's not taking pictures to save some for you. Trust me: it's worth it! I got to taste everything at the reception, but I was so excited and anxious, I was still hungry! I can't imagine not getting to eat!!!
    Anniversary
  • kkidd28kkidd28 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  We are having a sweetheart table so that's perfect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards