Washington-Seattle
Options

back from my honeymoon!!

and it was AMAZING!

anything good happen while i was gone?

3 of my friends got engaged over the holidays (plus 2 others got engaged in october), so i have a full year of weddings ahead of me.....(yay! i LOVE weddings!!)

so you guys know me..i always have one task followed by another....my next event: baby shower. i'm throwing one in march for one of my BFF's...

so my question is: what would you expect as "favors" or "prizes" at a baby shower?

thanks ladies!!

p.s. i officially resigned as the moderator for this board. stay tuned for who your next mod is!
♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.

Re: back from my honeymoon!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome back! wow, you have a lot of engaged friends! nuts!

at baby showers i've received gift certificates, a plant, a bag full of stuff from bath and body works. just some ideas. for favors, i say you do cookies. :) shaped like babies. haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back! When do we get to see pics and hear all about it?

Sarack got it, although I say baby shaped cookies might be a tad creepy. Maybe pacifier shaped cookies, because cookies pacify moms and tots alike :D
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have a baby bottle and a few other animal shaped cutters i planned on making for just regular snacks....but as favors?? hmmm....that might save me major dough (money), but use lots of cookie dough.

i like the idea of a plant...a living gift!

re: honeymoon. i have a few pics up on fbook..one day i'll go through the thousands of pictures and make a honeymoon bio. after i finish my planning bio..and start my wedding bio......
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At the last one I went to they did Hershey's bars, with cute blue & white wrappers that said "It's a Boy" and the due date.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay - you popped back on!  :)  No advice on a baby shower favor - never been to one.  Sure does sound like you've got a TON of weddings coming up though! Smile
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MrsH8172010MrsH8172010 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back!

Baby shower favors: Personalized Hershey bars (if it's a boy you do with nuts and if its a girl you do without nuts, haha)

Also I have gotten mini favor bottles filled with blue or pink jelly beans. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the baby shaped cookies was a joke hahhaa. 

i wanna see pics too. can you hurry up with those? :) pretty please? 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have had many baby showers thrown for me and have thrown many too. The last baby shower I threw was in april. I set up a white fake tree. And bought a bunch of baby toys and put them all over the tree with a teddy bear at the top. Everyone loved it. For favors I have bought GC, body stuff (i recoomend a sale at bath works or ross. they have good quality stuff for much cheaper) and made cupcake pops. My mother in law gave out tulip bulbs as favors for my sons baby shower and everybody loved them. I hope this helps.

I hope you honeymoon was amazing and Welcome back. Did you start the wedding trend among friends or what LOL
  • Options
    Knot AnnieKnot Annie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to you, Jenn! I'm on this board informing everyone of the new mod and saw your post.

I thought that I would let you know of a great game for a baby shower that I gave my BFF. I bought plain, white newborn onsies at Target and washable, colored fabric markers. I gave each person one and told them to decorate it for the mom. This is a great non-cheesy game and very useful b/c all new moms need lots of these in the beginning. Some were really funny, btw.

Good luck!
    Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY! Welcome back!
    What's it like on the other side? :):)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards