Washington-Seattle
Options

Meeting with Photographers this week!

I will be meeting with two photographers this week, and I was hoping to get an idea of what to expect.  Am I supposed to ask a bunch of questions and conduct it like an interview?  Or am I supposed to get a feel if the photographer and my personalities mesh well?  Or is it a mixture?

Any advice would be fantastic!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Meeting with Photographers this week!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I say a mixture.  I had a list of questions I asked them and also just kind of went with the flow.  I do suggest making sure you space out the meetings i.e not back to back on the same day, that way if the first one runs late, you don't feel like you screwed the second one or vice versa.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Tygirl. Most good photographers will have a way to address all your questions for you before you even ask them. Bring a list of things you want to be certain of an the rest kinda goes like an actual conversation.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Most vendors I've met with kinda answer your questions first.  But our photographer was pretty shy and didn't say much, so have some questions ready.  And, of course, ask to see their work!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked to ask the most important questions via e-mail before the meeting, basically to make sure the meeting was worthwhile. I didn't want to waste their time or ours if there were possibly dealbreakers. (We were also planning from across the country, so that was a factor in trying to weed down the number of people we met with.) I would also ask them to send me a complete set of proofs and an album layout if they could. It's easy enough to look at albums in person, but not so much proofs. Remember that in person, they will be showcasing their best work--you want to see their work in one continuous wedding, different lighting, formals and candids, etc. In person, I was more trying to get a feel for their personality and philosophy but also ask any remaining questions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. ANd I hope you're meeting with my photog! She will rock your world! :) If you aren't, you should meet up with Jenny GG!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    nosajnosaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can I ask who you're meeting with? I'm also in the process of interviewing photographers and havn't found one that is in my price range that I'm totally confident with  yet.
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nosaj:  I PM'ed you!Smile
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards