Washington-Seattle
Options

vendor tipping

Okay I am going to tip the hairstylist, makeup artist and dj for certain but what about the officiant, doc and photographer?

The officiant I found online  and the doc and photographer own their own businesses??? I know I can always tip if I want to but %15  adds up quick!!!

help please???

Ps.   FI has food poisoning, in getting iv fluids and meds....knottie prayers for a swift recovery please!!!!

Re: vendor tipping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i think that if you want to tip them, don't just do 15% do what you want.. especially for those who own their own businesses.. i was never going to tip 15% even those that i am supposed to tip... I was going to do what i saw fit. catering is taking 20% and they aren't getting extra.

i'm so sorry about fi! sending vibes right now! tons of them!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    **vibes for a healthy groom** Food poisioning is the worst, especially when you end up hooked up to an IV!  I hope he feels better soon!

No advice on the tipping, but I'll be piggybacking this post!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't tip any of my vendors. All of them were self employed except for the caterer, who had the gratuity included. And I did tip hair stylists, that you would normally tip any way. I figure I am already paying them a TON of money there is no way I can pay them another 15% on top of it. If you want to do extra do what you can afford. I did send Kate a wig to add to her photo booth with a thank you card. It was a small inside joke that tied in with our wedding. She got a kick out of it. I also send all of them very nice, heart felt thank you cards after the fact as well.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    most of my vendors owned their own business..but i felt guilty not tipping anyways...but i didn't do "15%"...i just gave them all about an extra $50 after the fact, as a thank-you.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    koosh ballkoosh ball member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No need to tip the main photographer if they are the owner but if you have a second photographer/assistant.... please tip them. They don't get paid much and it is a very hard job. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards