Christian Weddings

Let's take the kid gloves off!

We are so quiet and reserved - but only on this board!

It was funny - today I was looking at a few of the other boards and noticed that several of our regular posters are regulars other places too!  Often we will post some of the same questions other places and get multiple answers but here only 2 or 3!  It's like we're afraid to answer cause we might get struck by lightning or something?

Even our Knottie of the Week posts seem to be guarded!  Let's really get to know each other! Don't  be afraid to ask a question!  We're here as regualr Knotties who just happen to be Christians!  Everything does not have to be related to being a Christion to be a question.  Just know that the Knottie answering it is a Christian!

Yes - we're the Christian board!  Yes -we're Christian women - but that's it!  We're still women!  It's ok to speak your mind without worrying about what others think!  No one here is going to judge you!

Let's make ths board a little more lively ladies! 

What are some good chatting topics?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Let's take the kid gloves off!

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha! I agree Kkidd!!

You're at 1.5 months out?? How is it going? We are at 26 days - YIKES!!
  • kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having panic attacks!  Wow - and you're closer than me!  My MOH has gone MIA and my first fitting is on Wednesday !  I feel overwhelmed cause I have no one to take with me - my bridesmaids are all long distance!

And my RSVP date is in 8 days!  I guess people don't realize that stamp on that envelope had a purpose - lol!  Oh -it felt good to get that out!  Kid gloves off!

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, same here. I'm tracking RSVPs like crazy. At this point we just want to go on our HM and sit on the beach all day!

Hooray for your first fitting! It's so fun to get your dress finally fitting you.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    edited December 2011

I tend to be honest and respectful.  Hopefully that comes across on this board.  I try not to be rude or controversial no matter which board I post on.  I think there isn't a ton of traffic on this board, but hopefully those who have come here have found good feedback and help for their questions.

And kkidd - thank you for your efforts to keep this board going.

• kkidd28kkidd28 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Iamjoesgurl - I guess part of what gets me is I see alot of people come here once or twice and never come back.  I then see them on other boards asking for encouragement or prayer etc.  So I know for some reason people feel more guarded when they're on this board.  The same things they're letting out on other boards, I guess I just want them to feel open about here as well.

You are right.  We do want to be honest and respectful, without being rude!  All these can and have been accomplished very well so far.  I'm very proud of how our board is going, just hoping we can all relax a little.

It's funny, cause even as the moderator, I think I may censor myself sometimes - lol!  Guess it will just take more time for us to get to know each other better!  I'm hoping the Knottie of the Day, QOTW, and anything else we can think of will help!

Also hoping that more of the married knotties will hang around!

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe people don't post as much because of how uncomfortable they feel? I really don't know. They may not find the connection they are looking for with the ladies on this board? Only they know.

I do feel a bit of an oddball on this board. :) I will try to make a conscience effort to post on here more. I do like all of you ladies. All of you are very nice.

I have noticed that many of the other boards on the knot are...ummm...how should I put this? Harsh. Many of the ladies can be out of line in the responses they make. I am not perfect either. I have one instance that I was out of line (on a hot topic issue for me) regarding air travel.

Congratulations to both of you! You are both so close to the big day!!!! I can see the anticipation in your posts!  :)
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree.  The other boards are harsh.  I like how this board is respectful and kind.  I don't see it as guarded at all, especially if you go look at the birth control topic from a few weeks ago. I don't think people are afraid to speak their mind; I think they're just considerate, and that comes off maybe as a little guarded over the web?
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE this post!! I was thinking the same thing!! I'd definitely like to see more discussion on the board.

And for the record I hear you on the RSVP thing...I'm already preparing to make the phone calls because I know some of my guest have trouble sending theirs back...I'm considering just leaving the stamp off their envelopes lol!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards