Washington-Seattle
Options

Venues!

Hello ladies!
  I'm new to this whole posting/wedding thing! I'm trying to come up with fun places to get married next year.  My Fiance and I are thinking May or August of next year and would like an outdoor wedding (which I know is asking a lot here) and keeping it in the Seattle area.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

THANKS!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Venues!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Congrats on the engagement! :0)

How many people are you thinking about? What sort of budget would you like to stick to? Do you want water or does that not matter?
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and happy planning.

If you want it outside in Seattle, you better go with August!  : )
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kducharmekducharme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THANKS! :)

We are planning on about 150 people and would like the ceremony and reception to be in the same place.  Water would be nice but not neccesary! Budget wise I think its $8 - $10k for everything (ceremony, reception, catering) but my mom said she will go higher if we absolutely love a place.  Any thoughts? :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well not seattle but kirkland. The Woodmark is beautiful, good food, both in the same location and a hotel to stay in. :0)

With your budget, there are tons of places you can have it. I just love the Woodmark. :)
  • Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woodmark minimums in August are 25k for a Saturday night wedding, but are 13k for Friday nights so that might work. :) Or 8k for Saturday afternoons.

When we did some preliminary requests and numbers with the Woodmark, (at that time) with 80 guests we were already well past the 20k territory. It's a spendy place to have your wedding, even without the minimums factoring in.

I've heard good things about the new Four Seasons near Pike Place in Seattle but haven't really looked into it otherwise.

I've also heard good things about the Fairmont Olympic, the Ruins and Clise Mansion in Redmond. :)
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    shelui4shelui4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree with Sarack, The Woodmark is beautiful! If you do a saturday though, they have a $25k minimum but if you do friday or sunday it's lower. There's the Bell Harbor Conference Center which is nice also with an outside area for ceremony. :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay, congratulations!

The best months for outdoor weddings weather-wise in Seattle are, in order, July, August, September, and then there's a gap between those and June, May, and April, and then after that it gets really dicey. Especially in May & June, the weather tends to be a little bit better outside of Seattle than this city proper.

Also this is a chance for me to shamelessly plug my Seattle Wedding Venues Map. which you may find handy :).

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @niq: I don't think the link works? When I roll over it gives me the right link, but when I click it sends me to another version of theknot forums.
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also there is the Lake Union Cafe.. if you do want it in one of those months and would settle for having a beautiful indoor ceremony.. some knotties have had theirs there and they were beautiful. :)
  • Options
    ShiroNekoShiroNeko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Fairmont Olympic and their minimums are pretty steep for weekend evenings too. This is their 2008 pricing off their website:

Spanish Ballroom and Foyer
    Friday and Saturday Afternoon
    $8,500 - $15,000

Friday and Saturday Evening
    $19,000 - $35,000

Sunday Evening
    $17,000 - $30,000

Metropole
    $4,000 - $8,625

$7,600 - $15,625

Sunday Evening
    $10,000

Garden
    $7,000 - $9,000

$12,000 - $16,000

Sunday Evening
    $7,500 - $12,000

Georgian Room
    Sunday Evenings Only
    $8,000 - $12,500

• Options
    edited December 2011

Just wanted to say, welcome!  I'm afraid I'm not too helpful with the outdoor venues - maybe olympic sculpture park?  I agree that Woodmark is beautiful if your budget can swing it. 

Happy planning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Shishole Bay BeachClub in Ballard is like having a beach wedding in the city.  There is a pic and what I viewed as pros and cons for our wedding in my bio.  They said they could accommodate our ceremony of 200 without a problem so 150 would fit fine.  There are 2 "rooms" that could be one large room or 1 for dinner and one for happy hour.  I can't remember pricing though...but it might be worth checking out. 
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome!  I don't really have any input for an outdoor wedding in Seattle other than maybe the Woodland Park Zoo?  I've heard of weddings being held there, not sure much other info beyond that.

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also Tyee/Ravishing Radish where a knottie just got married.  Ray's Boathouse also, right next to Shilshole.  Salty's on Alki, although you may have to have the ceremony at a park nearby (they don't do them at Salty's).  The Edgewater also does weddings and has some patio/terrace areas.  MV Skansonia is an old ferry docked on the north end of Lake Union, ceremony on deck, reception indoors.  I'm sure there's lots more...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Arboretum.  You'd need to bring in your own caterer, but it's on Lake Washington, outdoors, and relatively affordable (or at least it used to be!).  Also if you're willing to move it indoors, the Daughters of the American Revolution Mansion is gorgeous - a knottie recently was married there.

If you leave Seattle, you'll of course have more options.  Edmonds South County Senior Center, Browns Point Community Center (near Tacoma), Steilacoom Town Hall (which you could use for the reception and get married at Pioneer Park which is on the water in Steilacoom), etc.
  • Options
    kducharmekducharme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much! You all gave me such great ideas to start off with!! :)  I thinkt he venue is the hardest part!! I will definitely look up all of your suggestions!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards