Christian Weddings

Back From the Honeymoon...

And it's good to see so many new threads  I'm actually glad that I've missed so many posts -- that means more and more girls are coming to this board!

The wedding was 8/14 and it was wonderful.  Everything went as planned and we didn't have any big mishaps.

Me and DH at the rehearsal dinner.  I couldn't eat very much because I was so nervous about the wedding day!

My aunt fixing my sash before the ceremony, along with Mom and my Sis/MOH

My Sis/MOH and my sweet SIL/BM fixing my dress

Bridal Party during pictures.  We took them all before the ceremony and it was the best idea ever.  DH and I got a very special 'first look' where we both cried.  No pictures of that because only the photographer was in the room with us.  Pro pics won't come for another few weeks.

During the ceremony.  DH and I bawled like little babies through the whole thing.  I didn't think I would cry, but something about seeing DH at the altar and all our loved ones sitting in the pews really got to me.

DH and me at the reception.  We had so much fun and the food was so good!

Wedding Cake!  Not a very good picture since it was not very bright at the reception, but we wanted a simple buttercream cake with pearl dots and yellow flowers around the cake.  We wanted our cake topper to steal the show!

Dancing with Daddy!

Leaving the reception.  We immediately hit the highway for our honeymoon.  We went to Hilton Head Island.  It was beautiful!

I don't have too much advice that doesn't sound really cliche.  Brides, from the moment you wake up on your big day to the moment your reception ends, enjoy.  Don't you dare worry about anything.  I made a huge effort to really relax on my day and I am so glad I did.  We took pictures before the wedding and were ahead of schedule, so all the families had 30 minutes to kill before the ceremony started.  We all sat around and had a blast hanging out. 

Make sure to look at your FH as you walk down the aisle.  You don't have to stare at him the whole trip down, but make sure you aren't too busy looking at your guests.  And once you get to the altar, cry if you feel so inclined.  Don't worry about your makeup running.  You will feel so overwhelmed with emotion and all that matters is you and your groom.

Have fun at your reception.  I made sure DH and I ate.  We were first to be served and we ate.  People came up to congratulate us, but our guests also wanted to eat, so dinner wasn't interrupted so much. 

And make sure to eat a piece of cake!  I hear so many brides say that they didn't eat any cake besides for the piece their husbands fed to them.  Eat!  It's your wedding cake and it's going to taste fantastic!

And I see that our super mod, kkidd is getting married in a little over a week!  Congrats girl and I hope it is truly the most wonderful day of your life.

Re: Back From the Honeymoon...

• GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good advice!  Your wedding looks beautiful.  LOVE the dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing!
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  How is married life?  Ha ha - I bet you hear that all of the time.

Thank you for sharing pictures.  It sounds like you had a great day and I thought your advice was great!
  • edited December 2011
    Married life is great!  Nothing has really changed so much and I'm getting used to the new last name.  I still introduce myself and then have to backtrack!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! Love the advice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank youfor sharing!  Your reception necklace is gorgeous!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_back-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:e447975a-356e-40fc-955a-c0978226ef58Post:5e4a00b8-83f9-49f7-909c-5ea0aaa4f155">Re: Back From the Honeymoon...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank youfor sharing!  Your reception necklace is gorgeous!
    Posted by Rhoyal_1[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  I loved that dress because the necklace was attached to the dress.  I wanted a nice looking, but inexpensive dress that I could dance in for the reception.  I recommend Neiman Marcus for reception dresses!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards