Christian Weddings

I know I'm being whiny...

But I'm feeling frustrated. I'm working our reception desk alone on Thanksgiving day, and originally my supervisor said that FI could sit at the desk next to me for the day. But she rescinded that offer, and now FI and I are both disappointed. He was really looking forward to spending the day with me, and I feel bad that he now has to spend most of the day alone, especially when he is driving the three + hours to pick me up anyways. :(
Please pray that I can see the good in this and get over my whininess?

Re: I know I'm being whiny...

• edited December 2011
    Wow, that would be really upsetting.  I'll definitely be praying for you, and that you are able to find joy and peace on Thanksgiving, despite the situation.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_im-being-whiny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:f87ad34a-f849-4b55-a68a-755a2392b727Post:7291f0c2-c084-4bc9-8626-0b5f0e9248c9">Re: I know I'm being whiny...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, that would be really upsetting.  I'll definitely be praying for you, and that you are able to find joy and peace on Thanksgiving, despite the situation.
    Posted by thereisbeauty@hotmail.com[/QUOTE]

Me too!
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What was her reasoning for changing her mind?  Do you just answer phones or do you also greet people?  This is a real bummer.  Maybe she'll change her mind again.
  • edited December 2011
    Working on a special day is never fun. I will say a prayer that it goes by quickly and you can enjoy your time with your fiance! 
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be answering phones and handling any foot traffic that comes in, which won't be too much. She said something about just feeling worried that some of our residents or other staff might complain. Which I'm not sure why, since FI wouldn't be doing anything but sitting there, and the residents would LOVE to meet the guy I'm marrying (they are all SO cute about my engagement). I may talk to her about it again and see if he can come at least part of the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards