November 2012 Weddings

Convince me I can use pretty spring colors for a fall wedding!

I've always dreamed of a pretty spring wedding with bright colors but we're having a fall wedding instead. I love bright springy colors and pastels but I don't want them to look silly with our outdoor fall ceremony. I love this color inspiration board...any tips to make this work for fall? Pinned Image 

Would it look better if I mixed in navy like the board below? And if so, would black tuxes look off? Pinned Image

Anybody doing a similar color pallete?
"When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis

Re: Convince me I can use pretty spring colors for a fall wedding!

• My colors are sooo similiar so I hope its ok! It's your wedding, everyone keeps telling me it doesnt matter what season it is, use whatever color you love!
  • Its your day dear...do what you want! I personally love the top board the shades in that one are gorgeous. And November weddings are very close to "winter" weddings in which case the blue works out perfectly. I prefer the first pic and if it were me, I'd say go for it!
    If you go with the second pic with the Navy....I think the black tux might conflict "a lil"....but that's just personal preference not  the official rule. :)
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    You can use any colors you'd like.  The time of year shouldn't dictate your color choices.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • go with what you like. The colors on the top board are gorgeous, and I'm sure there are many ways you can incorporate them into a "fall" theme.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's definitely ok! I thought the same thing, just because I want a spring colored wedding doesn't mean I should ONLY wait till spring to get married because of that. Do what you love and those colors will look great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am also using spring colors for my wedding (pool combined with shades of green).  Fall is one of my favorite seasons but the "colors" typical are not what I want for me wedding.  Ultimatly you need to do what feels right to you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards