November 2012 Weddings
Options

Bridal Shower Question (not mine)

I'm in the process of planning my sister's bridal shower, along with her other bridesmaids.  My sister read an idea somewhere about a bridal shower where the gifts weren't wrapped - basically an eco friendly type thing.  She suggested we do this for her shower.  

We recently started playing around with invitations and her one artsy bridesmaid designed one and I love it.  The only thing I don't like about it is how she worded the gift wrap part - "Please bring unwrapped gifts at the bride to be's request!"

I personally think that sounds a bit harsh and demanding.  I think we should suggest that gifts need not be wrapped in an effort to save the environment or whatnot.  Any ideas on how to word this politely?
21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower Question (not mine)

• Options
    I totally agree with your thinking of wording. Definately don't want to make it like the bride is demanding it, or that the guests HAVE to not wrap...becuase you will always get those that insist on wrapping either way.

I know for our registry with Macy's, we had the option to choose to accept gifts without gift wrap. It just has a little saying on our registry "We're protecting the environment and prefer gifts without gift wrap or box." Nice and simple, and saying that we prefer, not demand.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Why don't you make it into a cute rhyme. I am not good with rhymes but if you make it into a cute jingle, it might make it less harsh. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards