November 2012 Weddings

To Invite or Not to Invite? (and a little bit of venting...)

So I need to vent about some issues with some friends and wanted to get some opinions.

There really isn't too much background to give. FI and I both have our close group of friends from high school.  We spend time with each group of friends and no one from either group has ever expressed any issues with anyone.  In FI's group of friends, one of his closest friends and his wife were especially welcoming and friendly to me when FI and I first started dating and I always loved spending time with them.  We always went to each other's get togethers and FI and I always tried to make it to their kids' birthday parties as long as we were able to.  

Over the past year or two, things with them have gotten weird.  Over the summer, we went to their son's birthday party.  They barely acknowledged us while we were there and we never got a thank you for coming or for the gift.  They rarely come to anything we invite them to anymore.  In September, I threw a surprise party for FI.  His friend actually did come, but his wife made up some excuse about the kids or something.  We later found out that she was at a bar with some girlfriends (because she posted pictures on Facebook - so discreet!).  

A few weeks ago, FI's friend's wife created a FB event for her birthday.  FI and I were not invited.  At first, we thought it was just a mistake and she missed us.  However, weeks passed and we heard nothing.  Today is her birthday and the party is tonight at a local bar.  Everyone is wishing her a happy birthday on FB and after each one, she thanks the person and mentions that she can't wait to see them tonight.  FI and I both wished her a happy birthday and she only thanked us.  At this point, I feel like we were intentionally NOT invited.  It's not the end of the world, but these are supposed to be some of our closest friends and I'm kind of hurt and disappointed.  I'm also a bit angry because I think the way she is handling this party on FB is very rude and inconsiderate.  It's almost like she's doing it on purpose to rub it in our faces that we're not invited - and literally EVERY other person from this group of friends is.  

I feel like their most recent actions are showing us that they're not really interested in being close with us anymore.  I told FI this morning that I wasn't sure they should be invited to our wedding.  He thinks I am overreacting.  

What do you think?  Am I overreacting?  You can tell me, honestly.  I can take it.  :o)
21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards