Wedding Woes
Options

Oatmeal...and...tuna???

Dear Prudence,

Over a year ago, a co-worker began eating oatmeal at her desk every day. Before putting it in the microwave, she mixes in a can of tuna. If it sounds gross, it is. Her office abuts mine, and some days the odor is nauseating. It's been bothering me more and more, but I feel awkward saying anything because it has been going on for so long. To add to the problem, she has some mannerisms that I dislike intensely. This has nothing to do with the offensive odor, but it makes it more difficult to talk to her. How can I complain after it's been so long? Should I just use air freshener in my office in the morning?

—It Stinks in Here

Re: Oatmeal...and...tuna???

• Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be so supremely passive aggressive, spraying can after can of Febreze in my office every day while she ate lunch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just reading that combination makes me want to vomit.  I can't imagine smelling it.
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds absolutely disgusting. I cannot imagine how bad that office must smell. I would absolutely say something.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to work with a lady who would go out in the morning and pick her own spinach, then bring it and a can of salmon into the office and wrap the salmon up in a leaf of spinach to eat it.

Did she bother to wash the spinach? No. She would hold meetings in her office while she ate, and be picking BUGS off the freaking spinach like it was NBD.
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards