Wedding Woes
Options

What's in your wallet?

Before (when I was in Central Market in Dallas, I weighed my purse. The contents were roughly the same as they are here. One notable difference, I had a small paperback book in my purse at the time. My purse weighed 5.5 pounds)

What's inside...

Wallet, first aide kit/makeup bag, coupons, mirror, gum, meds, lotion, compact, ear buds, cough drops, keychain, chapstick, hand sanitizer, mints, kleenex, sun glasses and old voter registration information - I need to change my name and have been meaning to do that all week.

Re: What's in your wallet?

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no.  How about what is NOT in my wallet/purse?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OFace - I am not sure what I *don't* have.....Oh, maybe a note pad. I have a pen, but nothing to write on.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

My purse almost always contains a computer mouse, a diaper, or both.  Yes, this amuses me.

I'v ebeen very determined to keep my new purse free of random receipts and crap, and I've done a pretty good job so far.  Got to keep the nice things nice. :)

• Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_whats-wallet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:046bfacb-21a7-49aa-a512-e9e657e8c931Post:611d3121-85d3-42af-b681-b3ed1a9271c0">Re: What's in your wallet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no.  How about what is NOT in my wallet/purse?
    Posted by **O-Face**[/QUOTE]

This.  I just bought a new purse over the holidays and I can easily fit everything in it, but holy jeez is it heavy.  I think most of it is the ridiculous number of packages of gums and mints that I keep buying but never eat/chew.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

H kills me with his reciepts. THROW THEM AWAY. They are everywhere. Pretty much everytime I get in his car, I have to wait for him to clean all the reciepts out of his car. He never does anything with them, so I don't know why he keeps them.

• Options
    +candi++candi+ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    phone, ipad, phone charger, pen, chapstick, lip gloss, gum, hand sanitizer, tampons, small pack of hand wipes, a little loose change, wallet, small zip bag with coupons in it, gum, checkbook. It's super heavy because of the ipad.
    imageimage
  • Options
    +candi++candi+ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dg- i find the occasional random (unused) diaper too. I just throw it in with a small pack of wipes when we are just going to run in somewhere and i dont want to take the whole diaper bag.
    imageimage
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm. I do have 3 receipts in there from yesterday.  I toss them in there when there's no trash can around or if it's a receipt I actually need to keep, then sometimes I forget for a while.

I have:
    * wallet
    * sunglasses
    * mini smashbox powder + a brush
    * business cards & lip gloss in a zipper pocket
    * one Wet Ones pocket pack
    * one toddler granola bar
    * pen
    * hair band
    * pair of fleece gloves
    * iphone
    * laptop power cord
    * wireless mouse

Heck, even my car keys are in my jacket pocket right now instead of in my purse. 

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lets see:

Money clip, hand salve, cuticle lotion, toothbrush and paste, wallet, coupon/checkbook pouch, phone, two sample vials of perfume, 1 wrinkled up bruegger's mailer, 1 benefit hi-beam, 11 lipsticks, 6 glosses, 1 eyeliner, 1 lipliner, 1 lipstain, keyfob and random change at the bottom. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have at least four glosses in my first aid/makeup bag. Also in there, hair ties, tampons, bandaides, neosporin, pill box, and more chapsticks, eyesrops, floss, nivea hand creme, and hydrocortisone cream.
  • Options
    InksWellInksWell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Disclaimer: my purse is still as is from our trip last weekend, I haven't taken it anywhere yet this week. Usually it would have keys, cell, kindle, and wallet in there too. And I don't usually carry the last 5-6.

little notebook/pen
    powder
    blotting sheets (for your face)
    Smiths Rosebud Salve
    Tide pen
    hand sanitizer
    sunglasses
    Excedrine Migrane
    vitamins
    bobby and safety pins
    book light
    decorated jar of candy cane Hershey's Kisses
    Christmas socks (new)
    avacado
    clementine
    slinky
    bubbles
    The Red Sox movie

Dear Rain, Not Today. Sincerely, My Parade
  • Options
    MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing I keep in my purse is my wallet, some chapstick, a pen, and sometimes my phone. But when I have my camera bag with me (like I did in San Diego for those of you at the GTG who wondered WTF it was), I'm typically carrying about six pounds of gear.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I knew what that was :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let's see...
    • Kleenex
    • Wallet
    • Piece of paper with an address written on it
    • Ticket stub from Tron: Legacy
    • Liquid Foundation
    • Lip Gloss