Washington-Seattle
Options

bm dresses

So my MOHs and I went shopping and one of my bms found out and decided to invite herself.

The store ordered a dress in the color i want and the style i like so they can try it on. BUT, they had a dress from another line that i really like but they don't have the new swatches instore yet.. (one of the colors looks like the same thing as the other dress i like online but i'm not sure... )

Anyway, so the girls tried them on, they are my 2 fav dresses. Both of my mohs them love one and hate the other but they love and hate different ones. SO, what do I do?

Pics are in my bio under attire. P.S. one of my mohs didn't try the first dress on because it was too small, the other stuffed herself into it.. she has a HUGE bust, i mean talking like DDD or bigger (she refuses to go get measured again, but thats another story). So basically, the dress didn't fit high enough on her. It looks like it is really low but it is a cute dress. BUT, the second one where all of the girls are wearing it is my fav I think. It wouldn't be that color, more the color of the first.

What do you think??? Which would would you choose?

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: bm dresses

• Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like them both for different reasons...but its kinda hard to tell not being the right size.  What about mixing and matching in the same color?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the first dress the best :) I also like the color of it the best too. But I think you should pick whatever dress you like best. ANd if you do oick the dress that needs mad alterations for your MOH maybe you can offer to help on cost. I told my girls they have to wear whatever I tell them because thats what ill do when they get married. LOL (well within reason) Alll my girls have different body types and styles so the are so picky Ive been telling to SHUT UP Hehehe not really but wsh i could.

btw when i got to the board a few min ago all 10 recently posted were you :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also like the first one best, but I also suggest mixing the styles with a similar color. I think the trick would be to do the shades not too close or else it will look like you tried to match, so like one a dark green and one a lighter color.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i want them to wear the same dress. i have a total of 6 girls, 2 mohs, i wanted the mohs to pick out the dresses but they don't like the same one. if we do have the girls wear the same color, it will be by the same designer, in the same material/color so that they look the same. so the color thing doesn't apply... i don't want to mix those two dresses.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What if you had the same designer and color, but each girl pick a different style so it doesn't look like 1 odd one out?  Oh, and what kind of material is the 2nd?  If you say taffeta, then I say #2 because #1 looks like satin and satin gets HOT especially in the summer (yes, yes, short dress, but still). Smile
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

tygirl, that was the original thought.. the same color/material. they are both satin. it sounds like most girls are coming around to the dress with the straps. we'll see how this weekend goes. :)

• Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the first one better.

My only advice on letting them pick their own styles (if you do that route) is that you might want to tell the bridal shop "no repeats." I ended up with a few girls picking the same dress, so I had to ask the last BM to pick the same one as well, so it wasn't just her and my sister (MOH) who were different (and then might look like 2 MOHs or just odd).
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara,  I love the color, and the styles, but my worry if I was to wear either is that they both have pleats, and pleats can be really unflattering.  They also seem to poof out at the hips and behind, then come back in a bit at the knees, which on me would only serve to accentuate my hips and behind, instead of flattering them.

Do you have any options that are more of an a-line skirt without pleats?  I think that style works is flattering on all shapes, and might be a better option for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice Melissa-I already told the girls if we do that, no one can have the same dress. :)

Carrie-the girls actually LOVE the styles and they were their fav dresses that we tried on. We probably tried 20 dresses and these were the top two favs which is perfect because they are my top two as well. :) The second dress actually made the girls look smaller IMO. I think maybe because it hides any big hips or big tummys and accentuates the small waist.

This weekend a couple more of the girls are going down to try the dresses on. Once I have pics of every one in them, I think it will be easier to make a decision on whether one of these dresses is it or just let them pick a dress on the dessy website that is in apple slice and meets my 'to-the-knee' requirement. And that I approve :). That might be the easiest way to go... there are just only like 8 dresses on the website and I don't want every one to love their dress and one girl be STUCK with the last pick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards