Wedding Woes
Options

Stressed about time and travel

I am living in New York City and getting married in my native San Diego next September. My countdown is almost at 10 months. I know this seems like a lot of time but I need help figuring out how many trips I NEED to take there before the big day. For instance: If I take a trip 3 months before and get the marriage license then, I can also bang out a tasting, fitting and shower in the same week. I just need to know exactly how many times I must travel to CA in the next 10 months in order to get things done efficiently and cost effectively. 
HELP!
-Stressed out BTB.
XO E&J

Re: Stressed about time and travel

• Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe you should have planned a wedding in NYC so this wasn't a concern.

I think that part of planning a DW (in a destination where you do not live) is knowing that most of your planning will be done by phone or online. you should have factored this in sooner.
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_stressed-time-travel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:04b6d692-b802-480e-8efc-ae4fed86258aPost:83543abd-d935-421f-a3c4-7a0d09c0fd1a">Re: Stressed about time and travel</a>:
    [QUOTE] as an aside, i read the topic as "stressed about time travel", which is kind of funny.
    Posted by Wifezzilla[/QUOTE]

me too
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_stressed-time-travel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:04b6d692-b802-480e-8efc-ae4fed86258aPost:83543abd-d935-421f-a3c4-7a0d09c0fd1a">Re: Stressed about time and travel</a>:
    [QUOTE] as an aside, i read the topic as "stressed about time travel", which is kind of funny.
    Posted by Wifezzilla[/QUOTE]

It wasn't just you.  I read the same thing. 
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_stressed-time-travel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:04b6d692-b802-480e-8efc-ae4fed86258aPost:e3913194-9727-4f3e-a430-a85bb5bf4b08">Re: Stressed about time and travel</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stressed about time and travel : It wasn't just you.  I read the same thing. 
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

Me four.  I wouldn't have come in if I had read it correctly.  How disappointing.

OP, maybe you're just having trouble thinking fourth-dimensionally.
  • Options
    ElleB87ElleB87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_stressed-time-travel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:04b6d692-b802-480e-8efc-ae4fed86258aPost:6248fdd9-77f9-43fb-9165-fb23c487e952">Re: Stressed about time and travel</a>:
    [QUOTE]maybe you should have planned a wedding in NYC so this wasn't a concern. I think that part of planning a DW (in a destination where you do not live) is knowing that most of your planning will be done by phone or online. you should have factored this in sooner.
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.  J and I went into DW planning knowing that there was no way were going to travel to Ireland before the wedding and that everything would be done online - which is why we also hired a wedding planner. 

If you can't handle the stress, maybe re-evaluate your plans
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I read your title as "Stressed about Time Travel". 

That would have been way more interesting. 
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    paradox!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     @Wifezzilla, Thank you for actually responding with a little advice. It was really disappointing to me that every one else just decided to comment on how I was selfish having a destination wedding. The fact of the matter is I am from San Diego and so is every single person my fiance and I know. We will actually be the only people traveling for the wedding. We are living on the East Coast because of work. In any case, thank you for offering support. 
    XO E&J
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards