Wedding Woes
Options

ties and weddings

re: anasara's poll yesterday:  do your husbands complain about having to wear a tie, or complain about a situation where they have to wear a tie?

Re: ties and weddings

• Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    H likes dressing up.  He begged me to wear a tie to Dad's beach wedding.  In the sun.  On the beach.  He wanted to wear a tie.  ::smdh::
    imageimage
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    he'll usually ask me what's appropriate, but won't complain about getting dressed up for special occasions.

i told him i made reservations at a nice restaurant for Sunday night - he asked if he needed to wear a jacket and tie, a tie with no jacket, or something business casual. 

i've also taught him the difference between dress socks and everyday socks, and that he shouldn't mix black and brown (especially when it comes to suits/belts/shoes.)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think H is far more comfortable in a suit and tie. not to mention he has this insane need to be perfect in everyone's eyes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just think that any man over 22 shoulldn't make a huge deal about wearing a tie. I would hope.

Do you only wear polo shirts? That would make me very sad.
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ties-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:06a4c781-6019-4a66-8237-16a063118b9aPost:859f8504-87e4-4da7-8d9e-89f6a2e93c6a">Re: ties and weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think H is far more comfortable in a suit and tie. not to mention he has this insane need to be perfect in everyone's eyes.
    Posted by Mrs.Thistletwat[/QUOTE]

Except for that hoarder-style behavior he only shares with you.  Lucky!  ;)
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ties-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:06a4c781-6019-4a66-8237-16a063118b9aPost:51f5f16e-417a-4893-9f4d-6e641e03a75a">Re: ties and weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]i've also taught him the difference between dress socks and everyday socks
    Posted by *Barbie*[/QUOTE]

FI is planning on wearing black everyday socks at the wedding. He's very into pointing out whenever I'm mixing black and brown shoes/purse/belt/socks/etc, but he won't get dress socks for our black tie optional wedding. Whatever. They're his feet.
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish DH had to wear at least a tie to work. I would prefer a suit and tie.

The polo/khakis/dress pants thing is so tired.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    that's what i'm thinking, nola.  i understand if you don't normally wear a tie on a regular basis, but what the what.  adults wear adult clothing.  yeah, yeah, he's an adult and he can choose what he likes, but if he chooses the clothing of children, expect me to be pointing and laughing and trying to make his suit pants into a shortie suit to match.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    DH used to ask for some of our family things- baptism, first communion, mom's bday, etc.  He pretty much knows now, but his family does not dress for anything.
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ties-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:06a4c781-6019-4a66-8237-16a063118b9aPost:78e0ee59-ba18-4d08-bb9d-93015de97447">ties and weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]re: anasara's poll yesterday:  do your husbands complain about having to wear a tie, or complain about a situation where they have to wear a tie?
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

No, not at all.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    6, i get that.  dh will ask me if a tie is expected, especially for events with my family; we're a little more formal than his family.  but there isn't feet stomping or whining.

although he used to wear a suit to work every day, he doesn't now and he doesn't complain when the situation calls for him to wear one.
  • Options
    E SquaredE Squared member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's weird.

He'll wear a tie as the lead singer of his band, along with a button-down shirt and fedora, since that's part of his image.

Anything else, he'll kinda whine about it and loosen it/take it off immediately after the obligation is over, because it's hot and constricting.

...And wearing it while you're jumping around on stage isn't hot and constricting?
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    oh, and i will never, ever get on board with shirt, tie and boutonniere.  boutonnieres go on jackets, not stabbed through a dress shirt.  if he wants to wear flowers with a shirt and tie, he gets a wrist corsage.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops.  I got click happy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CP has more ties than I have makeup.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards