Wedding Woes
Options

Disconnected Bridesmaid

I have a long time friend standing up in my wedding.  She seems very disinterested.  Does not keep in touch or return phone calls and text.  She did purchase her dress. Am I over reacting by her disinterest. A part of me wants to ask her to step down. :(

Re: Disconnected Bridesmaid

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, have you called her to see how she is doing? If there's something going on?  Or do you only call/contact her about wedding related stuff?  Do you hang out regularly or only when wedding stuff is going on?

Not everyone will be as excited about your wedding as you are.  She's done her part and bought a dress.  Un-asking her to be in your wedding will end your friendship.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_disconnected-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:072d2af6-2950-4a9f-aeff-6549ba1f2263Post:499b3f75-71db-4aad-8cb4-253b24701051">Disconnected Bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a long time friend standing up in my wedding.  She seems very disinterested.  Does not keep in touch or return phone calls and text.  She did purchase her dress. Am I over reacting by her disinterest. A part of me wants to ask her to step down. :(
    Posted by sandymotherdearest[/QUOTE]

<div>If every word out of your mouth is wedding, wedding, wedding, I'm not surprised she's not interested. Really think about your conversations lately. Have you shown an interest in her and in her life? Are you still acting like the friend she knew for years, or are you some caricature bride boring her to tears with talk of flower arrangements? Are you demanding of her time to suit your purposes in putting together your wedding? </div><div>
    </div><div>The fact that you're considering ending a friendship because she's not all cracked-out with excitement over your wedding makes me think that you're not being a very good friend lately - not that she's showing some beyond-the-pale level of indifference. </div>
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I once saw on Oprah that this wedding party was hit by a drunk driver on the way from a wedding and the brides niece was decapitated and her head landed in her mothers lap. She picked it up and cradled it along the highway. That is pretty horrific. 
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    What are you expecting her to do that she's not doing?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I kind of know how you feel, but it isn't as bad as wanting to ask anyone to step down in my situation. I think you should call her up and ask her to go to coffee, or go shopping, or to a movie. Just hang out like you used to before you had a bunch of wedding stuff going on. Try to pick up where you left off before you were engaged, and maybe that will help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards