Wedding Woes
Options

Things

-H makes 3 and a half day car rides kindof awesome. Nevada has nothing but Vegas. Even the roads going due north all had signs pointing there. Wyoming just has nothing. Utah was kindof pretty. South Dakota is MOTHERFUCKINGAWESOME. We stayed in Wall, and went to a bar with methy waitresses who couldn't figure out how to make such complicated drinks as "Jack and Diet." We also saw Crazy Horse and Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands, which is one of the most amazing things ever. And the Corn Palace is only about an hour from H's grandparents'. I wonder if I can convince him to go back 2 or 3 times.

- My grandmother is still holding on. There have been lots of ups and downs. I talked to her Saturday and she seemed very at peace with her decision. She was weak, but sounded happy. I told her the baby's name and she was delighted, and has since told everyone who will listen about it (probably several times). Her white blood cell counts have been dropping slowly but steadily, which is a good sign. However, she seemed to be getting weaker instead of stronger. My mom found out Monday that while the hospital nutritionist had ordered more nutrients on Friday, as of Monday night she was only getting 441 calories a day. 441. Calories. a. fucking. day. She finally got a new IV late Monday night, but as of yesterday it didn't seem to be helping, and we're worried that it was too little too late. My mom met with the hospital president and they're doing a full investigation into the mismanagement of her care. I generally get updates around dinner time, so I don't know yet how she's doing today.

-I'm really glad we're here. H is so happy and full of memories. Hanging out with his grandparents is strangely comforting since I can't be with mine.

Re: Things

• Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay!  and yes -- the corn palace is BANANAS.  i love it, yes, even the birds eating the palace.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    441 calories?!?!?  Holy crap that's assinine.  Glad you had fun and glad your grandma loves the name.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why would ANYONE in the hospital (or out) be on 441 calories/day? Like, how is that even an option that ends up happening, unless people forget to feed the patient? Even morbidly obese people who are at inpatient diet clinics get more than that.

I hope she feels better with more nutrition in her.

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    edited December 2011
    I'm stabby mad at the hopsital for you.
    But...yay on everything else
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When I was cleaning my mother's office with her, we found her grandmother's death certificate. It had malnutrition listed as the cause of death. I thought, "How does that happen?" Well, now I know.

• Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    DG - Isn't 441 calories dangerously close to the HCG diet?

I KNEW the corn palace was awesome and people just lie about it to keep me from going there.  It's like some sort of private club that doesn't want me as a member.  Thank you, Duckis, for being honest.  You are one of the good ones.  ::tear::

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    zsa - Seeing as your husbad is the king of corn, I am surprised you have not been there yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards