Wedding Woes
Options

Instant Gratification's natural end

So FH and I really want to buy a house.  Saving the money to do this will take forever if we continue living at our apartment.  So, we asked my parents if we could stay with them for a few months after the wedding.  We get married on October 23rd and lease is up the 31st!  I hate the thought of spending our first few married life living with my parents... but I dont know how else we would save the money as quick! So now that we have made this decision... I am second guessing myself.  I don't know what to do!---------------------------------Yeah, it might take forever, but you won't have to be living with your parents! What is *wrong* with people? From WeddingBook, of course, cuz y'all are boring today. 

Re: Instant Gratification's natural end

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What?  Yeah, if you can't save money now...I'm sure you'll do GREAT once you live with your parents.
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For me, living with the parents is an absolute last resort. Not really an option.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How much are they really saving in a few months? Extended Stay won't be cheaper than their apartment?
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure my mother would punch me in the throat if I asked to give up my apt and move me, my new husband, our cats, and all our sht into her house.

For this I love her.

FI's parents would definitely let us. I love them, they're wonderful kind people, but I'd rather live in a cardboard box.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    A few posters actually brought up the fact that if they're unable to save and pay rent, how will they save and pay a mortgage, insurance, increased utilities, and maintenance costs? 

OP never responded, but plenty of other posters totally missed the point. "Well, she can't save fast enough in an apartment. So when she's not paying rent, they'll get their downpayment faster! ZOMG, it's a great idea! I'm calling my mom RIGHT NOW!"

• Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's a terrible idea.  I don't know the details but why didn't they get the house and then get married if it's about $?

Ans what about orgasims?  How thick/thin are the walls?  Seriously, How can they get all rowdy with the parents there? 
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I don't get how wanting a house nownowNOW trumps not wanting to live as a child.  At all.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If we relocated and needed some temp housing I could maybe possibly move in with my parents.  To do it just because?  Hell naw!
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, there's nothing like Dad cackling at the television in the other room to kill the mood.
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too would like the benefit of 100% of my income being disposible, but I also like the benefit of living like a grown up.

Although in the interests of full disclosure I did in fact live at my parents house for a month when they were away after I escaped from my first marriage. It wasn't anything other than I needed a place to go and didn't want to confide in anyone right off the bat.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards