Wedding Woes

BR, flying with 2 year old

The kiddo and I are flying up to my hometown tomorrow and I'm trying to figure this out. We just found out last night we had to go, so that's why I'm not really prepared.

Do I bring his big ol carseat on the plane? Is it that much of a pain in the asss as it looks like in my head? I hate putting that thing in the car, let alone an airplane. On the other hand, it doesn't seem like the lap belt would really be sufficient. He's big for his age, but it still seems like he needs more. I saw the Care harness thingy, but it is apparently not sold in actual stores so I would not receive it in time.

Bottom line, I know I need to bring the stupid seat. Someone please tell me they have done so successfully, or semisuccessfully.

Re: BR, flying with 2 year old

• Definitely bring it. Those lap belts aren't sufficient, and chances are once you get to your location you'll need it anyways. I've traveled with DS several times (he's 2) and its not bad. If you can I really recommend getting a GoGobaby. It's a thing with a handle and wheels that hooks to the car seat and makes the cars eat able to roll. They sell them in stores, you can check the website for a store near you. If you don't have it, it's not the end of the world. Cumbersome, but it'll work. Get a cart if you can and just be really selective about what goes in your carry on. DS now has his own backpack that we put his toys in and he carries that onto the plane.
  • Thank you. I did look up those carts but I work until 8 tonight and the flight is 550am tomorrow. I did pick up a portable DVD player on my lunch though. I will try to rent a cart at the airport, or, have one of those drivers take us to the gate after security check. I had to purchase the comfiet seats so we would be seated together. Oy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards