Wedding Woes

MOH drama

So my bachelorette party is being held on Saturday.  My girls are taking me for a day at a spa, doing at home Mary Kay facials, going out to dinner and then back to my house for drinks and a wedding movie night.

My Matron of Honor has a 2 year old daughter who she has informed us she is bringing with her to all of the festivities.  Her mother in law will not watch both of the kids.  I don't really think it is appropriate to have a 2 year old at a bachelorette party especially since she didn't even ask, she just assumed it would be okay for her to bring her daughter.

I enlisted the help of my Maid of Honor to speak with her again to see if there was any way she could come without her daughter.  She said that she doesn't have anyone else to watch her daughter and if it's an issue then she can't come.  My Maid of Honor called me back to tell me this and I told her then that's just how it's going to have to be; she called my Matron of Honor back and explained it all to her and now my Matron of Honor is planning on calling me tonight for what I'm sure will be a tongue lashing.

Am I wrong for wanting a girls night out without having to worry about children?

Re: MOH drama

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_moh-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:0dc66b58-c316-4fc2-be56-bdb3a2ea6676Post:c1ec9b61-805c-4087-8a6a-182c1a50e02a">MOH drama</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my bachelorette party is being held on Saturday.  My girls are taking me for a day at a spa, doing at home Mary Kay facials, going out to dinner and then back to my house for drinks and a wedding movie night. My Matron of Honor has a 2 year old daughter who she has informed us she is bringing with her to all of the festivities.  Her mother in law will not watch both of the kids.  I don't really think it is appropriate to have a 2 year old at a bachelorette party especially since she didn't even ask, she just assumed it would be okay for her to bring her daughter. I enlisted the help of my Maid of Honor to speak with her again to see if there was any way she could come without her daughter.  She said that she doesn't have anyone else to watch her daughter and if it's an issue then she can't come.  My Maid of Honor called me back to tell me this and I told her then that's just how it's going to have to be; she called my Matron of Honor back and explained it all to her and now my Matron of Honor is planning on calling me tonight for what I'm sure will be a tongue lashing. Am I wrong for wanting a girls night out without having to worry about children?
    Posted by burgerm27[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Nope.  But you can't expect your MOH to host a party she can't attend, either.

</div>
    imageimage
  • That's the thing.  My Maid of Honor is planning all of this.  My Matron of Honor has been little to no help.
  • If she can't come, she can't come. It's not an appropriate place for a child.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you everyone.  I just wanted to know that I wasn't crazy for thinking that a bachelorette party isn't an appropriate place for a 2 year old.  I feel like that's how she's making me out to be.....crazy. 

I really appreciate everyone's comments!
  • It is ridiculous of her to bring a 2 year old. I think you are nuts if you go along with this. I'm sure if she tried hard enough she could find a babysitter. If not, let her stay home. I doubt the other females there will appreciate having a 2 year old around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards