Wedding Woes

To be honest, I'm ridiculously scared

The doctor said it could be my brain or my heart. Or it could have just been just from working out hard, not getting enough water, and not eating a snack before class.Either way, I'm hoping that it's nothing. Telling my dad and H that I had to see a cardiologist and a neurologist made me cry. And I need to call my mom to tell her as well. The brain part scares me the most. The thought of being like my MIL for the rest of my life is horrific to me.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: To be honest, I'm ridiculously scared

• Blizzlesgirl!Blizzlesgirl! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try not to freak yourself out before the tests are done. My money is on not having a snack before class.
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I honestly can't see you going from now to your MIL in one leap.  And I also know it's futile to tell you this, but worrying will only increase your anxiety which won't help at all.::passes alcoholic drink of choice through screen::
  • edited December 2011
    :( I must have missed OP, but I'm vibing for you. Try not to freak out yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Gone too Soon.
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't tell anyone besides my SO until I found out that it was something. Then again, I don't really tell anyone much of anything.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • LnR70707LnR70707 member
    edited December 2011
    {{{hugs}}}  try not to worry too much.My vote is on not enough water.  My mom passed out a few weeks ago and after spending the night in the ER they chalked it up to dehydration.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies.ilove, I took a spin class last night and pushed myself hard during it. Afterward, I was standing in the parking lot talking to a friend and I started to get dizzy and everything went blurry and I fell over. I skinned my elbow, but I sat up and felt fine.I went to the doctor today, and I'm getting blood work done tomorrow and an echo next Wednesday.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I know it's scary but...chalk it up to fluke until you're told different
  • edited December 2011
    Well, you are not related by blood to MIL, so it is not like you were able to inherit any genetic predispositions from her. The neurologist will probably send you to get an MRI, so they can make sure there isn't anything structural questionable about your brain. They'll test your reflexes, test your balance, etc. They'll want to see the results of blood work you have had done, and maybe request some additional tests. Honestly, if I hadn't gone to the neurologist I never would have known that my body wasn't absorbing B12. If that had gone on, I would have developed peripheral neuropathy and gone into early onset dimentia. It is BETTER to know. You have already had an EKG, yes? Was that at your GP?
  • edited December 2011
    I must've missed what happened. I also must've missed the significance of a "dirty hug", but this is a clean hug for you: ::hug::Also, if it makes you feel better, I could read your list to you. it always cheers me up.
  • jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Don't put the cart before the horse. The good news is your EKG was normal, this was a one time occurrence and if I recall correctly you didn't completely black out.Those are all good thing, the neurologist is just a second check to be sure.
    edited December 2011
    Yes, Min. I had the EKG today, and it looked normal.The doctor did mention testing my B12 and some other level because of the fact that I don't eat meat (other than fish occasionally). And he also thinks the fact that I'm having a very heavy period could have something to do with it.
  • nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "The thought of being like my MIL for the rest of my life is horrific to me. " Ditto.
    imageimage
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    girl, please.  you could be anemic -- JUST LIKE THAT GIRL ON "IDKIWP" LAST NIGHT.
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    edited December 2011
    Wow hmo, you really know how to soothe a girl's fears.
    edited December 2011
    I could be anemic. That's always a possibility.
  • LnR70707LnR70707 member
    edited December 2011
    I have nearly passed out from a heavy period without any exercise....I would imagine that had something to do with it too.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • edited December 2011
    Neurologist said you have to be a vegan for years to get B12 levels as low as mine and I eat meat. I have a digestive condition that is causing my body not to absorb B12. You might get away with taking extra vitamins, if you have low levels. I require injections, which H administers and it isn't bad, at all. Try not to worry until you have a reason to worry. I know it is hard. So far everything has been good, they are just making extra sure.  
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    or you could be fine and it was a random occurrence <--- most likely possibility.btw, anemic idkiwp gave birth over the toilet in her dorm room.  her roommate assisted and probably actually saved the baby's life (unwrapped the cord and patted the baby's back to assist breathing).
  • edited December 2011
    or you could be fine and it was a random occurrence <--- most likely possibility.What she said.
  • L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure everything will be fine. No snack, plus pushing yourself extra hard could be all that it is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    I would pee on a stick, but I've been having a very heavy period since Sunday when I took the ring out. I'm 99% sure that I'm not pregnant, and even if I am, that would show up on the blood work tomorrow.
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    edited December 2011
    I have low blood pressure, and it gives me dizzy/fainting spells sometimes. 
  • edited December 2011
    My blood pressure has dropped, but we upped my beta blockers anyways because I am getting more migraines. Dr. Hott Pants said to let him know and to lower my dose if I get dizzy when I stand up. How is your BP? Mine is 90/50 and he said that is OK.
    edited December 2011
    110 over 70 is my usual blood pressure.
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    edited December 2011
    You could also have knocked a top vertebrum out of position (I did this once and got dizzy/fainty), or you could have done something to disrupt your inner ear (did that too).  Neither is serious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards