Wedding Woes

Um, no?

[IMG]http://i25.tinypic.com/k4t98n.jpg[/IMG]Text between little sis and I regarding my nephews baptism.This annoys me. I mean, yeah, I have tons of time for this /sarcasm.Also, I was like B list godparent choice anyway. When nephew was born there was drama. I wasn't talking to her mom because she is a trifling btch and no one called me when he was being born because of it.Then she asked her younger cousin to be the godmother. Okay.... IDK if that was sis's decision or her moms but whatever.Then 2 weeks ago she asks me to be the godmother.Now this. I mean, I understand, but I don't want to do it and I think thats something they should have researched or known, since they're such good, practicing catholics. /sarcasm for real this time.

Re: Um, no?

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I cannot believe you actually TEXTED THAT YOU WERE DRIVING. SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME. In another note, I thought Ww was a godparent for someone who was Catholic and didnt have to be Catholic?
  • edited December 2011
    DED @ "take classes and sht to become Catholic." Not surprised though, from your sister.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Gone too Soon.
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Michelle, You are a dumbass. Love, Me.
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    One godparent must be a practicing Catholic who's been confirmed. The other can be a "Christian witness", and yes, they must be Christian, and IIRC active in their own faith.Bacon's godparents are my brother, who's the Catholic one, and my BFF, who's Lutheran, but who is also her guardian should anything happen to us, and who would be responsible for taking Bacon to Mass.And I can't f-ing believe she's asking you to CONVERT to be someone's godparent. That's just - it's - my mind is bottled. It's completely contrary to what the Church teaches about how conversion should be approached, and why conversion should be considered.
  • *Candi**Candi* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know! I haven't read the manual on how to do the voice activated texts from the car bluetooth.If it makes you feel better I was at a stoplight.She is a tool.I also LOL'ed at that, ilove.
  • *Candi**Candi* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, bmom, his brother is the godfather and I assume he is not practicing.   IDK. The whole thing is ridiculous. Does one have to be a godparent to assume guardianship? If it's in a will doe sit matter?   I dont want to be a complete assshole (shocker), but WTF.
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    That is ballsy. Seriously ballsy.
  • *Candi**Candi* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, the kid is TWO YEARS OLD already.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    godparent is utterly and completely unrelated to guardinship.It's all about the religion, nothing about the day to day raising of the kid.
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    No, you don't have to be a godparent to assume guardianship. (Our other guardian is BFF's husband, who's not a godparent because he doesn't practice. Likewise, I'm her kid's godmother, but I don't think I'm a guardian.) Guardians used to be the godparents, but now they just go by wills.
  • E SquaredE Squared member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've turned down a godparenting opportunity because of that "Oh, Catholicism is just a couple of classes away." It was more about how disrespectful that was to Catholicism than me not being Catholic.I'm a godparent, but it's for a (I'm presuming) Methodist baby. No such rules there. My nephew's stuck with a Wiccan godmother and a Jewish godfather. I take it as providing moral and spiritual guidance, not necessarily guardianship (since that's state/law/will-appointed)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards