Wedding Woes

OMG, DH's family manages to piss me off yet again

One thing we really want to do is have a party at the new house. I know we haven't closed, but I'm already looking at dates because September is hella busy for us. Additionally, in October Dh's mom, stepdad, and grandpa are going to be in town as SIL is giving birth around 9/9. We never entertained in our current house. It's small, it doesn't have a good flow, and we've always been in process on some sort of renovation. This house is different for us, and we bought it knowing full well we could entertain large groups of people there.So I told DH that I wanted to have a party the first weekend in October. That Saturday is October 3. Today DH tells me that we can't do it that weekend. 10/3 is SIL and BIL's anniversary. WTF? They'll have a new baby. It's not like they are going to spend the night sexin it up and eating out. I think it's retarded to ahve a party with mucho alcohol on Friday night (we have friends from all around the valley and driving to that place after work would be a PITA), and Sunday is also a lametastic day to do it. Plus, the next weekend means MIL and co. will be gone.My SIL needs to stop. She was never this stupid before.

Re: OMG, DH's family manages to piss me off yet again

• hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    really?  won't it be a better party if they DON'T come?
  • ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do it anyway.  invite them, if they come great, if not send a card.
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    DH won't do it. He loves his sister to death, and she's one of his best friends. I'm not interested in starting a fight.
  • ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you all get together for thier anniversary? 
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't get this at all - you guys need to have a party on a date that suits you, and let them have the choice if they want to come or not. You can't plan a party around every possible guest's schedule.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards