Wedding Woes

where and when i cant get past this question!!!!

I have been engaged since June 6, 09 and i have not decided on a location nor a date. I was thinking of two months june because thats when he proposed and august because thats our real anniversary. We dont really celebrate holidays but we celebrate our anniversary and birthdays only so during that month we have fun. I wanted a destination wedding because i live in michigan now but i am from memphis, tn i have not been home for almost 6 years and feel no true connection to any location and michigan i have a church home i just dont want my family to have to treck up here and there would be nothing for them to do. I then decided on a destionation wedding with two receptions one in each city. I found the cruise i like as an option or the Jamaica as a place to go for the wedding, but feel that only my family would be in attendance because of financial reasons for his family which he stated he did not mind. But i would be hurt if my family did not attend. He has told me that the only thing that would make him happy is marrying me. I dont want to spend a lot on this wedding so the destination was looking good but the second thing is that my family could have somewhat of a reunion and get out of the US explore..... See why I am lost.... I do have a problem with putting others before me so my vision of what i want gets clouded....

Re: where and when i cant get past this question!!!!

• I do have a problem with putting others before me so my vision of what i want gets clouded.... start with this. you recognize this. ask your self what do YOU want. and go from there. if you waste all your time trying to please others with this wedding, you're going to end up with two things. 1. a wedding you are not happy with 2. a wedding that someone in your family (or your whole family) is not happy with because YOU CAN"T PLEASE EVERYONE. please yourself. if you want destination, do destination. if someone expresses dissatisfaction with that, that is their problem. it's YOUR and your FI's wedding.
  • tarpon, it's Mackinac (pronounced Mackin-aw). but yes, that would be a great place for a wedding. anytime between late May and September.
  • That is a place I did not consider, Thanks. I am trying to please myself. I do know that I do not want to spend alot on my wedding so that is one thing I am sure of at this time. I also know that it is one day and traveling will take place between us. Thanks ladies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards