Wedding Woes
Options

Michael Moore's New Movie

[url]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/08/20/michael.moore.trailer.overturefilms?iref=videosearch[/url]I'll probably end up seeing it.  Looks at least entertaining.I know a lot of you guys don't like him and he's not my favorite.  But at least he's a lightening rod for the left.  I don't feel like we have nearly as many as the right do and it makes me happy to see him out there spewing his crazy liberal crap just to counter some of the Limbaughs, Coulters, and O'Reillys.

Re: Michael Moore's New Movie

• Options
    H and I still need to rent SICK-O. We've seen his other films. Now we have another to add to the list.
  • Options
    also, Bowling For Columbine is one of my favorite documentaries ever.
  • Options
    All of his documentaries are completely one-sided. It's a matter, then, of being educated enough on the other side of the spectrum to actually gain something other than just being beaten over the head.
  • Options
    I watch a lot of documentaries.  And I think people misunderstand the point of documentaries.  They think documentaries are presenting both sides of an argument.  But they're really not.  They're usually just exploring one argument in minutia.  So, they're almost always one-sided.  Michael Moore has his side.  There's actually been a really great response now to the Omnivore's Dilemma, which has then spawned another response.  If people would remember academic argument and that arguments can equal learning, society would be more educated overall.  Instead, we treat it like sports, winner take all.
  • Options
    I meant the one-sided comments coming in.  I don't particularly remember that part, but I remember sitting in most of his docs, shuddering at his behavior.  But, he also puts his money where his mouth is, by donating to opponents of Congress members he particularly loathes.
  • Options
    Not as many as the right?  Huh.  Maybe it's because I work in academia, but to me the world is filled with dirty hippies.
  • Options
    Agreed with documentaries not giving a balanced view.  How boring would that be, watching a documentary that isn't trying to get you all fired up about something or other?
  • Options
    Hee @ dirty hippies.  DH and I walk around all the time complaining about dirty hippies.I think I was thinking more of media personalities.  It's starting to be more balanced out now that MSNBC apparently has decided to become the yin to Fox's yang, but for a long time it felt decidedly quiet in my corner.This could also be b/c I live in MO.  One of my big issues with moving to TX is that I don't want to live in a MORE Red State than MO.  I just can't do it anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards