Wedding Woes
Options

Interesting Hair Article

[url[http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/27/fashion/27SKIN.html?pagewanted=1&th&emc=th[/url]Yes, it is about black hair.A few things I found interesting.I hope I never meet anyone who would have the cajones to say to me anything about Malia's hair being in twists meaning she wasn't fit to be seen in public.  After the blinding rage passed and I regained my senses, I think I'd still be reduced to violence.  How f'in stupid and just horrible.The picture on there with what I think are dreadlocks twisted around the woman's head?  Yeah, I thought she had a hat on.  Oops.I would like to say, once and for all, that I like all sorts of hair.  Except my own.  And I think that's true for lots of women, no matter their color.  I press mine flat, b/c I think it makes me look more presentable, more put together, and better than leaving in my natural curls.  I think everyone wants nearly the opposite of what they have.  It's just easier for my hair to do that.Also, I was always jealous of the black girls in elementary b/c of their cute ponytails and twists.  I remember trying to get more than one ponytail on my head.  It didn't work out so hot for me.And if I ever meet HE, I'M TOUCHING HER HAIR!!!  ;)

Re: Interesting Hair Article

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I find that with hair...the grass is always greener on someone else's head.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anyone who thought such preconceptions were outdated would have been reminded otherwise by some negative reactions to the president’s 11-year-old daughter, Malia Obama, who wore her hair in twists while in Rome this summer. Commenters on the conservative blog Free Republic attacked her as unfit to represent America for stepping out unstraightened. Excuse me?
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well, i think condi rice was unfit to represent america, and she's got straightened hair.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmo, condi's edges were never straight and she used too much blue magic.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what blue magic is, but her hair always looked messy.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    i remember i saw a bit where dl hughley went to a barber shop and asked if any woman would have her hair done like condi's.  one woman agreed, but only because dl said he would pay for it.  the stylist was soooo mad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [IMG]<a href="http://i32.tinypic.com/27zb721.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i32.tinypic.com/27zb721.jpg</a>[/IMG]
    Photobucket
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Oops.[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/27/fashion/27SKIN.html?pagewanted=1&th&emc=th[/url]I think when I meet ANY WWer, from here on out, I'm touching their hair.  Just to keep it fair.  ;)
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    cw can just mail her hair around the country for everyone to touch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol .. touch away, I'm happy to be nappy!  
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, Hooka, the blue colored one was a staple on my GMother's vanity .. that & Proline's Coconut Oil!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    edited December 2011
    Also, I'm fairly sure I'll have to touch Ww's and Hooka's on stealth.  I have a fairly strong visual image of them slapping my hand away, grabbing my face and saying, "Woman.  WHAT do you think you're doing?!"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [IMG]<a href="http://i31.tinypic.com/2i6nnky.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i31.tinypic.com/2i6nnky.jpg</a>[/IMG]
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flat iron my hair because people tend to dislike a white girl with an afro. Though at age three my mom had me rocking rough and tough because she didn't know what to do with it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    edited December 2011
    My visual image of HMonkey cringing away from me and then running and screaming something about civilized peoples, is also fairly amusing.Pmeg and Wzz are eye rollers.
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    edited December 2011
    I will not be touching CW's hair.  I'm afraid it'll bite ala Medusa.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    hmm.  if there is hair touching involved, i might need to get a haircut so it looks nice.  i normally just leave it long, and then get it cut before i see the inlaws.
  • Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So no one wants to touch my hair? I wash is daily.  I swear it's clean.  I SWEAR! LOL
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    edited December 2011
    You can touch it, I don't care. I actually love having my hair touched. Going to get a haircut is infinitely more relaxing to me than a massage.
  • Options
    E SquaredE Squared member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to be all awesome waves before I started anti-curling it at 10.As soon as my stylist said, "It's either color or relaxer," I chose color and embraced mah heritage. I still can't believe I did that on the regular. My head would stink for days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HE-My mother used TCB in the class jar with the aluminum llid. My fo'head was always SHINY! And we lived in OK, so it would get hot and melt onto my neck and down my face and burn my scalp.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will scan and email.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    People. I threw away the closet hair months ago. I am sorry.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please notice the lack of split ends despite the fact my last haircut was last November.  LOL
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or we can cut each other's hair since we are both on budgets.  We can do it in my backyard when the neighbors are BBQ'ing and get our hair in their food. LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I just say, I had my hair touched the AM by malasian CW who wanted to see how my hair felt after it had only been blow dried and not flat ironed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards