Wedding Woes
Options

Please to be checking my pulse

I was merrily making my way home after another riveting day of class. Driving on Beltway, singing Bob Marley very loudly (to the actual CD, of course). It was beginning of rush hour, so there are a lot of cars, but we're still moving at a steady 55 mph. Suddenly, the hubcap on the neon green Beetle one lane over and 2 cars ahead of me flew the fvkc off the damn wheel. Another fool, in some juggernaut of an SUV driving in lane right next to me, somehow SWERVES INTO THE DAMN HUBCAP. This sent it flying into the air and careening right toward my poor little 4-cylinder put-put Hyundai windshield. I had about .002 seconds to make a decision: hubcap in windshield or swerve into utility truck driving on my other side? I chose hubcap to windshield and slammed on the gas, hoping I'd miss it somehow. But I saw there was no way I wasn't hitting this thing. It was headed straight for where my head was. So I braced myself and sent a quick prayer to whatever deity was listening. Really, I was mad that my face was about to be fvkced up, if I didn't die immediately. The fvkcing thing bounced off my car. No crack, no ding, just a fvkcing smudge on the glass. I guess Beetle hubcaps are made out of schoolyard dodgeballs or whatever. I got off the highway at the very next exit and took the backroads home. And here I am, seriously contemplating a drink even though I have a ton of homework to do.

Re: Please to be checking my pulse

• Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    That's scary and hilarious at the same time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really, I was mad that my face was about to be fvkced up, if I didn't die immediately. That would be me right there.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Probably made of some hippy crap.  Dingy VWs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad that you and your face are intact.   How is school going? You can give me the 30 second version.:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nola, it's fine. I literally don't do anything but read and do case briefs. I'm actually cutting into my designated eating time right now, but I was seriously messed up @ rubber hubcap. I thought I was on my way out, or in for some major medical issues. I'll say this, though, I don't know what people are doing when they say they're up until all hours of the night studying. I'm a week ahead in most of my reading and I manage to get into bed by 10 every night. And I take Saturdays off. I guess I don't go to as many happy hours and intermural flag football events during the day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad your classes are going well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you made the right choice, I'm glad your face is okay!
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I laughed, but I'm glad you're okay.I had a similar situation when a sheet of plywood fell off the back of a truck in front of me.  I had to drive 6 miles to the next exit with a sheet of plywood sticking out of my Toyota "grill."  It was getting whittled down by grinding on the road.  When I stopped, I yanked it out, dusted off the grill and kept rollin' down the highway.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That you had time to be mad that your face was about to be fvcked up is hilarious.Glad you're okay!
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Your stories are still hilarious.I'm glad to hear about school.  Please see my b!tching and moaning about the LSAT.  The arguments are killing me.  But I'm slaving away at my book.
  • Options
    ValentynaValentyna member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Drinking makes homework extra creative.  Also, you can't possibly be expected to survive such a harrowing ordeal without a bracer.  Cheers!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Good thing you're okay, or I'd feel bad for laughing.Glad school is going well too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards