Wedding Woes
Options

Another reason I dislike cats

They are awful at giving gifts. I woke up Saturday to a dead mouse next to my side of the bed. FI has an irrational fear of dead animals, so rather than get paper towels to pick it up, he used the poop scooper (which was clean from moving, but still...). We hoped that a random mouse got in when we were moving in and that we wouldn't see any more. Yesterday we were finishing unpacking and next to the laundry was another dead mouse. We think she's getting them from the basement, I wish she would leave them there. I'm imagining waking up with a dead mouse on my pillow one of these days.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another reason I dislike cats

• Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    My grandma's barn cats leave dead moles on her front doorstep as presents for her. It is vomit inducing.
  • Options
    jessjo04jessjo04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The surprising part is that she isn't an outside cat, never has been an outside cat, and is slightly overweight. Guess instincts beat out nurture this time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    gross! I'm actually considering borrowing someone's cat to put in my attic. I have a feeling we have unwanted houseguests up there. :( the joys of homeownership eh, Jessjo?
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Would you rather have a live mouse waiting for you on your pillow?  Hopefully once the mice figure out that your house isn't a safe place to be, they'll find new living quarters.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fishgirl77fishgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I found that having a cat that will hunt the best way to get rid of mice for good.  In a previous home, we had put out traps for months before a roommate moved in with a cat.  Mice were gone within two weeks.And before anyone asks why we didn't call the landlord about the mice, we had a better chance of winning the powerball than getting him to respond to a request for an exterminator.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards