Wedding Woes

Movie reviews...

'Sunshine Cleaners'-Loved it.  Amy Adams and Alan Arkin are the bomb.  Emily Blunt isn't so bad either.  It's a dark comedy and it's more dark than light...But all in all, it was a great movie.  DH and I picked it up on a whim and we both liked it more than we thought we would. 'Revolutionary Road'- Beautifully acted by Kate and Leo, but it is a super heavy movie.  Only crticism of the plot was the beginning was a little confusing and did not really set up the rest of the movie well. At the end, DH and I were both like, 'we understand what happened, but a little more 'why' would have helped'.  More backstory would have been nice. 

Re: Movie reviews...

• District 9: EXCELLENT. But if you get motion sick, wait until you can watch it on a tiny TV. I spent more than half the movie staring at the ground, glancing up to make sure I had the gist of the action.But the story, acting, concept, special effects - it's all wonderful. It's a really solid sci-fi film, the kind we haven't seen in a while (IMO.).
  • District 9 - um, weird. That's all I can really say about it. The first 45 minutes were slow but it got better when they stopped trying to explain things. Frost/Nixon - interesting. I hate how Nixon spoke though, I could barely understand him (yes I know it wasn't really him but you know what I mean).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Last House on the Left- Very graphic, but I liked it. There is a rape scene and quite a bit of violence. Not the typical scary movie, but similar elements.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jumper: meh.  It was more like the outline for a movie than a movie itself, and when it was all done, I wasn't sure who was the good guy and who was the bad guy, but like in Disturbing Behavior, I don't think that was intentional.Into the Wild Green Yonder:  yay!  Not the best of the Futurama feature length films, but it was a lot of fun, and the end made me a little teary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards