Wedding Woes
Options

I'm worried about DH

Poor guy is still having the stomach problems. We went to the doctor on Wednesday, and he had blood taken.We hadn't heard anything yesterday, so he called and they told him that he should hear back today.The longer it's taking, the more DH is worrying that it could be something super serious. From doing some research on his symptoms, I found that it could be about a million different things.I just hope the doctor finds out what it is exactly so he can get treated.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I'm worried about DH

• Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Was he honest with the doc about his diet? I do hope he hears back soon.
  • Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See my post above.  You'll feel better.
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He was. The doctor told him to cut his red meat intake to once a week and try to eat more fruits and vegetables. Hopefully, we'll hear back this morning.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What sort of stomach issues?  I'm surprised it's taking this long to hear anything.Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stomach cramps, diarrhea, nausea, gas, etc.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am very close to saying it's Crohn's.  Or IBS.  Those are very common, then again, i'm not a dr.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Is it upper stomach cramps- just below the sternum?  Sounds like possible gallbladder too.  Then again, I think all stomach pains are gallbladder now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I asked the doctor about Crohns, and he said probably not, but who knows.It is possible IBS though. I just want it to be something so it can be taken care of, you know?
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    it's the dr's job to diagnose the problem; he's going to need your dh's help to do something about it.
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Mr. Kuus had similar problems to this.  Turned out there was nothing organically wrong with him - it was anxiety-induced.  Could it be that?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It could be. DH tends to internalize his stress a lot.There were a couple of times that we've gotten into arguments and he's had to throw up.It could all be connected.
  • Options
    fishgirl77fishgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother also starts having stomach problems and occasional vomiting when he gets super stressed.  It took awhile before he learned how to handle stress and not internalize it.I hope the doctor's able to give you guys some answers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was having the same issues and was diagnosed with bile-acid malabsorption. I take some cholesterol meds that are used as an off label indication to treat this. The problem gets worse if I am stressed, eat too much, or eat eggs. Doc wants to do an endoscopy to make sure it isn't Chron's, etc., and I will do that once I pay off my MRI bills. It could be something simple and not IBS. I think IBS is the new ADD. EVERYONE has it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards