Washington-Seattle

So to add to the drama...

Well that groomsman who hasn't ordered his tux yet just bailed on Fi's Bach party! He literally didn't show up and was apart of splitting a big hotel bill and the stripper. Needless to say the other men were furious. I am really considering telling FI that he can't be in the wedding anymore. What a friend huh?

Got alot done today though! Fixed my dress (it was too long), organized and packed all WR things in labled boxes, and made a mock of our DIY alter. Getting exctied!

Edit: Day after FI's Bparty.....found out that FI has a BLACK EYE!!!!!!! And our wedding is next weekend! I'm going to freak!!
For Sale Bio

Updated 10/4/10 image

Re: So to add to the drama...

• amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_add-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:88b1bf15-0c1e-48d2-9edd-f40f83e93e57Post:635b2d19-d547-41c6-a19e-112d74bb823e">So to add to the drama...</a>:
    [QUOTE] I am really considering telling FI that he can't be in the wedding anymore. What a friend huh?
    Posted by dstolz0417[/QUOTE]

I'd just let your FI make the call - I've learned (not growing up with lots of guy friends) through DH that a lot of his "friends" are flaky.   It drives him crazy, but he chooses to ignore it and occassionally calls them out on it (mothers these days need to do a better job!).  It's the sort of thing where I would never have considered making them BM, but it was his choice about GM and he picked guys that occasionally bug him. 

Is this super suprising to your FI?  He  does owe it to you to talk to the guy about whether he can handle everything and actually be at the wedding.  Otherwise, it's his friendship to keep or lose.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    i agree with amanda that that should be your FI's call. None of my guy friends growing up were like that but one of DH's friends didn't pickup his tux until a few hours before the wedding... he literally went in at like 830pm the day he HAD to rent his tux and he just didn't care.. always late.. but i let DH deal with that. :) don't stress about it. men are flaky.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    If it was just the tux then I wouldn't be so mad...he can get it whenever. It's the fact that we swore up and down he would be at his good friend's B-party, chip in for a very expensive hotel and stripper then didn't show up, no call no nothing! He turned off his phone and still hasn't responded to anyone. He owes the guys an explanation and some money. FIs BM said if he sees him that he will kick his ass...yikes!
    For Sale Bio

Updated 10/4/10 image

• edited December 2011
    With your wedding so close, i would let your FI handle it. You dont need to let this person stress you out anymore. Not worth your time
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everyone else, let your FI and his BM and any other GMs handle the flake.  Just be there for your FI when he needs to vent.

That sucks about the black eye.  Maybe some makeup (foundation/cover up) might help?
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs. Just try to be supportive and understanding of how that must hurt for a friend to do that to him. Tell him that whatever he wants to do is fine by you and that you can roll with whatever. If that includes having two bridesmaids walk with one guy, that's fine, too.

And, just for the benefit of the doubt, is everyone sure this guy is okay? It is strange - not just flaky - for a guy to bail on a bachelor party. I mean, booze, stripper... Maybe he's short on cash?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards