Washington-Seattle
Options

Honeymoons! Please share

Ok, hopefully you guys will enjoy sharing about the best part - honeymoon.  Tell me about your honeymoon...
1. Where are you going and for how long?
2. Why did you choose this location?
3. What part are you most excited about?
4. Did you use a travel agent?

Thanks!

Re: Honeymoons! Please share

• Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Where are you going and for how long?  Cabo, 10 days
    2. Why did you choose this location? Using mom's timeshare, Hawaii was unavailable, this was our next choice
    3. What part are you most excited about? being alone w/ FI in the sun, drinking, and ya know...
    4. Did you use a travel agent? nope
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Where are you going and for how long? St. Lucia - 10 days
    2. Why did you choose this location? FI liked it
    3. What part are you most excited about? Relaxing, the beach, AI drinks and food!
    4. Did you use a travel agent? Yup
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Where are you going and for how long? We spent 2 days at disneyland, 2 days on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, then a 7 day Mexican Riviera Cruise on Carnival Cruise Lines
    2. Why did you choose this location? We knew we wanted to go back to disneyland. I had always wanted to go see the boutiques on Rodeo Drive so we worked it in. We also wanted to go on a cruise. We originally wanted to do the Caribbean but were worried about Hurricane season so we went with Mexico. We just missed a hurricane in Cabo that was heading that way just as we left.
    3. What part are you most excited about? I was most excited about Rodeo Drive and the cruise.
    4. Did you use a travel agent? If you consider DH a travel agent than yes. He planned the whole thing from transportation to and from each location and all hotel accomodations. He did a fabulous job.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also we only used a TA because she was a family friend!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Where are you going and for how long? We are going to Secrets Maroma in Riviera Maya Mexico. 7 nights
    2. Why did you choose this location? FI and I wanted white sand beaches, clear water, and fun stuff to do,  plus it is all inclusive and very nice
    3. What part are you most excited about? visiting the mayan ruins!!
    4. Did you use a travel agent? yes we did, she was very helpful and full of knowledge, i recommend travel by vip!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Where are you going and for how long? We are looking at Cancun. 7 days, 6 nights, no less.  This is the first real vacation FI and I will take.
    2. Why did you choose this location? We were planning for Hawaii, but were unable to find a timeshare MOH's dad (who generously offered us one of his) that was available and after calculating figured it was going to cost a chunk of change.  I've been to Cancun several years ago and loved it so while I was hoping FI and I could explore a new place together, I'm totally fine going back.
    3. What part are you most excited about? White sand, turqoise blue water, no work, time with FI to explore and just hand out and unwind.
    4. Did you use a travel agent? As of now, if we're able to use one of the timesshares, no.  If we aren't, we will be looking more into that option.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our HM is a little weird. We're going on two :)

We went to Riviera Maya, Mexico for 5 days after we got married in January by a JOP. And we're going somewhere in Hawaii (we're going to Maui in March with the kids so we decided to wait and see how we like that before deciding for sure where to go) in July for 5 days after the big wedding.

Ultimately, we decided to go there for medical reasons (i.e., good medical care/US). Prior to that, we had decided on Costa Rica. We also considered Belize, Tahiti, Fiji, and St. Lucia but DH was very anti longer than 8 hr flights.

I tried TAs but found better deals myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My honeymoon...
    1. Where are you going and for how long? Saint Marteen in the Carribean for 7 days.
    2. Why did you choose this location? My Aunt and Uncle gave us their timeshare and we wanted to go somewhere either one of us have never been.
    3. What part are you most excited about? Going on our first vacation together...actually just being alone and feeling like married adults. We are also going deep sea fishing! That should be great!
    4. Did you use a travel agent? No, we went through the timeshare company online and we booked our own airfare using Kayak. com which sent us daily airfare updates.
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3 more days on Maui after the wedding, but different parts of the island than we'll be on for the wedding, then a week on Kauai - split between the north and south sides of the island

We just love Hawaii, but when we were there last time we found we also like to have time to explore the more remote parts of the islands, so we're going to Kauai, and we're going to the more remote part of that island.

Getting to explore the islands with FI and see and do things together that we've never seen or done before.

No.  We prefer to book our own trips, and we're booking privately owned condos, so a TA isn't needed or really helpful for that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    5 night cruise to Mexico. 
    We wanted to go somewhere warm, but were nervous about the bahamas bc smack dab in the middle of hurricane season
    traveling ALONE with Fi, we've traveled alot, but always with family.
    Nope, my mom booked and put the deposit down on the cruise.  Still need to finish paying and buy plane tickets!!
    Amanda & Joel
    Planning bio: updated 05.11.10
    326 were asked to dance image
    120 will boogie the night away image 110 have two left feet image 96 are couch potatoes image
    RSVP Date: Sept 10, 2010
  • Options
    Alo822Alo822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maui for a week, leaving the Monday after our Saturday wedding

Neither of us have ever been to Hawaii. FI wanted Mexico but I wanted to stay in the US so he graciously agreed. His main criteria was a beach location! :) Since FI is planning the whole thing, he chose Maui after research and talking with his coworkers who go to Hawaii all the time. The rest of the trip is a surprise (hotel, etc) for me... all I know is Maui. 

Vacation!! Traveling together (alone) for the first time, where we can stay together in the same room! And well, uh... you know, honeymoon stuff. Wink

No, but FI spoke with some of his coworkers for advice. (He works at Costco corporate and talked it over with people in the travel dept.) 
    Alison & Rob 6.5.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. we went to tahiti for 15 days!  we went on a cruise around the other tahitian islands for 7 nights and stayed in 3 different hotels before and after the cruise.

2. it's one of those beautiful exotic places..that you see on tv..but nobody you really know goes there or anything. we wanted to make sure we were going somewhere nobody in our family or friends have gone before.

3. i (was) most excited about the over water bungalows. there are very few places in the world that had those.

4. no, we worked with online ones, but H is really good at finding deals and price match guarantees, etc. we ended up getting an entire night free in the over water bungalow.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    bearsinlovebearsinlove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not finalized or booked yet, but here's what we're planning :)

Walt Disney World in Florida - 3/4 days in the parks and then a 3/4 day Disney Cruise to the Bahamas :)
    I'm from Florida and grew up on Disney and LOVE it - its also one of our first weekend trips that we did together :)  And neither of us has been on a cruise before :)
    Spending time with my hubby!  Showing all the different parks (he's only been to Magic Kingdom), staying in a Disney resort, the cruise, the beach, the sun, pretty much everything!
    Not booked yet, but we won't use a travel agent - its super easy to book with the Disney Cruise website and build the package we want - transportation and tickets included.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards