Wedding Woes
Options

s/o party menu: Pick your favorites

Help me decide what to serve for 6let's party.  I'm open to other options, but I'd really like to keep it simple. Details: Sunday 1 pm; ~15 adults and 8 kids; no vegetarians. apps: shrimp dip; apple slices with peanut butter dip. I need help picking from these: Soup options (would like 2): red chili, white chili, potato, pumpkin, tortellini (with spinach and tomatoes), I could do vegetable, but it's a lot of work. Sandwich options: cold cuts, chicken salad, sloppy joes, I know everyone likes these. Salads: tossed salad, spinach salad, broccoli and tortellini salad. I'd have appropriate breads crackers for everything.  Dessert is cake and ice cream.

Re: s/o party menu: Pick your favorites

• Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Soup:  red chili and tortelliniSandwich: Chicken saladSalads:  spinachInvite to:  Varuna, 1234 Any Street, Small Town, U.S.A.I'll bring some homemade bread.  Deal?
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Potato soup and red chili Cold cuts Tortellini salad, tossed salad  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    soup: white chili, tortelliniSandwich: cold cutsSalads: spinach saladFWIW, I am getting deli and fruit/veggie trays from Sam's or the grocery store.  Everything I hear is that it's like a wedding in that the day ZOOMS by, so I'm opting for less work for myself so I can enjoy his big birthday.  Decorating, prepping, hosting, etc. is plenty. :)

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You've got it V.  Everyone is picking the potato and I've never made it before.  Anyone with a recipe?  Or should I con my sister into making it?
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    soup - chili (either) and something lightersandwich - cold cuts (less work for you)salad - tossed and/or pasta
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    DG- I'm taking the Friday before off for cleaning and cake. I picked soup and sandwiches because they are easy.  The crock pots will be out full force.
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sister.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards