Washington-Seattle
Options

Can you help me find a song?

I was on Pandora today listening to some Christmas music. LOL I know, lame...

Anyways, a song called Christmas Canon came on by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I had heard it somewhere before and I at the time LOVED it and wanted it played at the wedding, but had no clue what it was called.

So, I googled it and Christmas Canon Rock comes up! With electric guitars! I WANT IT! We are really into classic rock & rock music in general so this would be our unique spin & it totally fits us! 

BBUUTT I cannot find it w/o the vocals. I search instrumental Christmas Canon Rock, but the only thing that comes up is with vocals. I obviously don't want some song about Christmas playing at the wedding.

Does anyone know where I can find this?

I also sent an email to my friend/DJ.

Thanks!

Re: Can you help me find a song?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, just found it and you realize it's really just Pachelbel's Canon in D? You know, the super-traditional almost cliche wedding song now (sorry, I used to love it but heard it overplayed through the years). So try just searching for a version of that done on electric guitar. Alternately, if your DJ friend has some killer sound equipment, he/she might have the ability to separate off the vocals from the track.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw something "Pachelbel's Canon in D" but wasn't sure if that was the same thing.
    I don't think I have ever heard this at a wedding...
    Hopefully by adding the electric guitar to it, our guests won't feel the same as you (it being over played).
    Thank you for the research! I will look more into.
    The link you gave me, you have to purchase something to download it. But thanks anyways. I hope I can find it :)
    Oh & I will see if our DJ can do that! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah, well do a search for Pachelbel's Canon in D electric guitar and you'll get a bunch of hits, might find one for free or just some sort of MP3 download for cheap. No, the guitar actually made it cool. :)
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, it makes it a little 80's... but that's fun! :) Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards