Washington-Seattle
Options

honeymoon clothes

I have been seeing tons of summer clothes sales. Should we buy now or wait until closer? What are your muct haves. We are hming in mexico for 10 days. What are you all doing? One or two bathing suits? I am not a very fashion forward person actually FI and I both hate buying clothes for ourselves. So we dont pay attention to clothes very often. Where are all the good sales. Anyone know of a good place to find cute plus size babthing suits? TIA!!

Re: honeymoon clothes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Call me crazy - I'm going to get 3 swimsuits if possible - otherwise at least 2.  I'm going to have 2 pairs of board shorts, a sarong/wrap thingie (bought 2 last time I was in Mexico), 2 pairs of flip flops, 3 pairs of shorts and enough tops for the week (of which 3 will be cover up style tops).  Does Lane Bryant have anything good?  I know their clothes are cute! There's also maybe Torrid in Southcenter mall?
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been seeing so many cute clothes too, but I want to wait 'cuz I'm still hoping to lose some weight.  I think you need at least 2 bathing suits, plus some shorts (maybe some you can swim in), lot of tank tops and some cute but light weight dresses/cover-ups.  And flip flops.  Its gonna be hot in Mexico!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Tygirl... if you are going for 10 days defintiley bring three swimsuits! We are going for 9 days and I'm still looking for one more. I would check out Old Navy because they have a ton of cute inexpensive tank tops and swimsuits or maybe even go to Burlington at the Supermall for some great deals! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have much budget for new clothes so am going with the bare minimum of what I'll need to purchase because mine are either too old or don't fit. I have several swimsuits already, so for me it's just going to be a matter of which ones fit. Be sure to bring one or two comfortable but cute swimsuit coverups, like a gauzy dress or shirt ad sarong. That way you can throw it on over the swimsuit to go into town and get something to eat/drink without having to change first. Also, bring one or two cute sundresses, one maybe a little nicer/trendier, to wear for dinner.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and now is about the time you'll start finding stuff on sale so unless you're planning on drastic weight loss, go ahead and start buying now. Remember the clothing industry, smackdab in the middle of summer, they start bringing out back-to-school/fall clothes ;P
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    Alo822Alo822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is one of my projects for this week and next! I own like 2 pairs of shorts and no cute sundresses. I agree with KST that the stores switch to fall clothes way early, so you might keep an eye out for things now. 

As far as bathing suits go, I highly recommend Lands End for larger sizes. Their suits are a bit more pricey, but they are amazing for making you look good! I am rather busty, and I have the hardest time finding suits that provide some support. 
    Alison & Rob 6.5.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'd totally start buying now. we're honeymooning in mexico for 8 days and i'm bringing the 3 bathing suits i have plus atleast one more that i plan to buy. i'm bringing a couple summer dresses, a nice dress, heals, tennis shoes, sandals, flip flops. i'll bring a couple pairs of shorts/capris and some tops. i'm really trying to not overpack.. i don't ever end up using half of what i bring.

i've already bought fi 2 pairs of swimming shorts, two pairs of regular shorts, i purchased a top and a dress for myself so far.

i shop at lanebryant, target, oldnavy mostly. my fav bathing suit is from target. i plan on buying a bathing suit from there this year too.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards