Wedding Woes
Options

Dealbreaker?

My FI Lied.... From: meganlcornelius Date: 10/8/2009 at 7:00 AM So recently, last weekend, I found out my FI lied to me. He has actually lied to me about this particular subject for 3+ years. The lie? My FI has always said when the subject came up that he had, but when in fact, he has never graduated from college. At this point I am not upset ab him not graduating from college but I am upset about him lying! He has multiple opportunites to tell me the truth and never did. He says that he never told me bc he was ashamed. Now I am left to wonder, was this a one time thing or will it happen again? My trust in him is def damaged. Any suggetions or advice as to what I should do?Thanks....and sorry for the heavy subject.---------For me, yes.

Re: Dealbreaker?

• Options
    Dealbreaker, yes. 'Cause you know he's been fronting about how great he isfrom the beginning. You know when they met he was all, "Oh yeah, I graduated from So-and-so college, I work at Z and Y company blah blah blah."
  • Options
    YES
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Plus, OP said she had helped the guy with his resume. So he's been lying to employers too. Must be a real stand-up guy.
  • Options
    If it had been told at the outset, not necessarily. Man went to (and completed) a trade school, but never went to a 4 year university. I've always known that. In this situation, dealbreaker. You lie about something like that, I'm sure there are more things she still hasn't figured out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    *psh* he'd have to go!
  • Options
    yup, a three year lie is a dealbreaker for me.
  • Options
    Yes. Three years and an engagement before he fessed up? Got to go, sorry.
  • Options
    that just screams "creepy stalkery husband who lives a double life and murders me someday". To me.It's one thing to tell a fib, it's another to live a lie for years on end.
  • Options
    That much lying is a dealbreaker for me, particularly if he was lying to employers too.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards