Wedding Woes
Options

The ER will be my doctor

I think I have an ear infection. I called my doctor to get an appointment and was told there would be a 3 week wait, so I told her to take my name down just in case there were any cancellations. I called a few other doctor's and the new patient wait is obnoxiously long (4-6 weeks).There are no Minute Clinic/acute care places here. I asked the nurse what she suggested and she said the ER. Really? The ER? I don't NEED the ER. This is NOT an emergency. If it had been, I would've hung up and called 911 like the nice, automated lady told me. Is anyone going to a doctor's appointment today or tomorrow? Can I tag along? I just need him to look in my ear and I'll be out of your way.
"I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
Photobucket

Re: The ER will be my doctor

• Options
    Do you have urgent cares near you? It'll be cheaper than the ER, and this is the sort of thing they're intended for: quick service when you can't wait for your doctor, but don't have a true emergency.
  • Options
    That really sucks about there being no minute clinic or urgent care places. I can't believe that they won't squeeze you in for a 5 minute visit or something.
  • Options
    There's no urgent care?  Heck even we have that.  3 weeks for a doc appt is outrageous.  I'd be looking for a new one anyway.
  • Options
    Holy frijoles that's insane.  Most docs I know leave at least one appt open for emergnecy calls. 
  • Options
    I live in the middle of nowhere Tennessee and we have 3 urgent cares, I thought everywhere had them now. This is why there is so much hype about the ER being misused, what are you supposed to do if you have no choice?
  • Options
    Maybe I'll just go deaf. I don't want to hear half the sht people have to say anyway.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    That's effing crazy.  I get in within the next 3 hours at my dr.'s office.  WTF?
  • Options
    Holy crap!  I've never seen a wait that long...3 to 4 months sure, but 9 to 12?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards