Wedding Woes
Options

Resignation advice

I know you're going to get sick of this, but I've never done it before.  I want my last day of work to be Dec. 9 then use my last 2 vacation days.  Per corporate policy I am entitled to those 2 days.  I need to be employed those 2 days to cover 6let's procedure.So do I give 2 weeks notice based on the last day of work or the last day of employment?  If I give it 2 weeks before Dec. 9 I'll be giving notice the day before Tday.  Is that crappy?  Or is it crappy to really only give 1.5 weeks notice and resign on that Monday?Please remember I've been here almost 12 years.  I'm sure my resignation will make me cry and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if bossman did too.

Re: Resignation advice

• Options
    won't they pay out any unused vacation after your last day of employment?  irregurd, give two weeks notice and give it the day before tday.  it would be worse to give less notice.
  • Options
    They will pay out unused.  I have 2 days unused, but I need to take them for 6let's procedure.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Hmm. I'd be very careful.  We had some kind of funky policy where your last days couldn't be vacation days. As in, your last day could be Dec 11, where you'd have to be AT work, but you could be off on the 9th and 10th.  Otherwise, you'd get paid for those 2 vacation days but not officially be employed for them.As for the rest, I'm guessing there's no good time to submit it, but I'd probably try to do it a little before Thanksgiving and give 3w notice.  (unless your corporate policy is strict about that - one company I worked for wouldn't let you do more than 2w notice.  Then again, they didn't let anyone work their notice time, either - they just walked you out that day and paid you for your 2w.)

• Options
    if i am understanding this correctly, your insurance is covering 6let's procedure.  in that case, your last day can't be the 9th; it's actually later.  if you feel comfortable discussing this with bossman, you may want to do so so that you aren't losing your insurance too early to cover 6let's procedure.
  • Options
    DH and 6let are on my insurance.  6let has a procedure on the 10th.  In order to not have to pay the deductible again I need to be employed until the 11th so he is covered.  The procedure won't be cheap so it does make a difference.  The 10th is a Thursday and I'll need the day off anyway and I want the Friday too just in case. 
  • Options
    so it sounds like your actual last day will be monday, dec 14, just to make sure that 6let's procedure is covered.two weeks' notice is nov. 30.
  • Options
    Thanks.  Simple letter right?  "Please accept my resignation effective Dec. 1."
  • Options
    dear people:please accept my resignation effective dec. 14.  thank you for this glorious opportunity in climbing into filthy tubs and burning drugs.  never, ever will i forget going into the sub basement and seeing it full of human waste.  i also appreciate learning the difference between a ball point pen and a ball peen hammer.thanks,6p.s.  i am not white trash!  that's some other lady.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    agreed. It's way not worth the cost of the procedure.   I think your last day will be Monday.Unless, of course, you feel comfortable asking HR ahead of time to see if there's anything they can work out. 

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    oh yeah. Totally use hmo's letter. :)

• Options
    Hahahah Hmo that's awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards