Wedding Woes
Options

HE

Halps.I have to eat one thing this week that I don't normally eat because someone is making me even though they're a picky eater.How do I make cornbread taste like something I want to eat rather than something I wouldn't feed Monty? Thank you.
"I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
Photobucket

Re: HE

• Options
    edited December 2011
    slather it with butter and sprinkle sugar on it.add jalapenos and chipotle tobasco sauce
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    What is it you don't like about cornbread?  B/c there are lots of different kinds.  There's the one that actually tastes like corn and then there's the sweet stuff, not to mention adding spice to them.  That might be a better place to start.
  • Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you making it yourself?  Add a can of creamed corn and sour cream to the recipe...then sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top before your bake.Sounds gross, but it makes it a lot richer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The dry, crumbiness is what gets me. I expect it to taste/feel like a piece of cake or a brownie and it doesn't.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    fishgirl77fishgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't like the texture either and I recommend lots of butter.  It covers some of the crumbiness issues.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whose cornbread have you been eating, cause when you have had the good stuff, you can tell?
  • Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The sour cream suggestion is a good one. My sister and I like to mix cream cheese with diced jalapeno and a bit of milk to loosen the mixture and put it in the middle of cornbread muffins.They are awesome with honey.
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Then you want sweet cornbread like Boston Market's, not a skillet cornbread.  Look for a recipe that has lots of sugar in it and maybe even cream, sour cream like the other ladies have suggested here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I eat cornbread dressing and corn casserole. Plain cornbread is what gets no love from me. I'm talking from my great-grandmother's down.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes - the sour cream and creamed corn definitely help with the texture.  Makes it much less crumbly.   Plus lots of cheese...which makes just about anything better.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    V's got it right - you need Yankee cornbread, all sweet and cakey and wonderful with cranberries, not that jacked up dry sht they make in other parts of the country. I should have a recipe someone forwarded on to me from here....I'll find it, just hang on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Nola here .. how the heck you don't like cornbread?And why are we eating one thing this week that I don't normally eat because someone is making me even though they're a picky eater?
    BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards