Wedding Woes
Options

When I get a house

and it comes to decorating for Christmas, since I don't really consider myself a christian, I'm going to decorate the house like we are having a kid's birthday with balloons and such, and have a sign made that says, "Happy Birthday, Jesus!"

Re: When I get a house

• Options
    This is my lone decoration:[url]http://tinyurl.com/yhmotof[/url]
  • Options
    I love decorating for the holidays, even if I'm not religiously attached to them. I think that Sunday is going to be filled with discount Halloween decoration shopping, so next year I can can go all out.
  • Options
    I cannot wait to start decorating for Christmas. H has made our house a kitsch-free zone, but I told him major holidays are exempt from that rule.
  • Options
    We have a tree with a tree skirt. And stockings. Remember, I may not be christian, but H sure as hockeypucks is.
  • Options
    I want a house with a porch so I can go all out for Halloween.
  • Options
    I knew someone who decorated like that one year. Anyways, you know that after Thanksgiving I am going all out. Big house = more places to decorate.
  • Options
    min, christmas trees and stockings aren't really "Christian", if that makes you feel better. Manger scenes are, though. ;)
  • Options
    I don't care. What really bothers me is that it is a fake tree. H thought Jake would try to pee in a real one and came home with a fake one. I hate fake plants more than I hate xmas.
  • Options
    you hate Christmas?! This gives me a sad.
  • Options
    Yes, me and V are both grinches. It is a very stressful time for me, as I am the one who has to travel, etc., to see family. It costs me more than anyone else, and now double that cost because of H. Plus, add a history of an alcoholic dad who would act out if he wasn't the center of attention (xmas wasn't all about the kids in my house) and that pretty much explains it all.
  • Options
    You know who else's birthday you could decorate for. Just sayin'. I mean, it's not like you know Jesus personally.
  • Options
    NOLA knows Jesus and I know NOLA, so there is one degree of seperation. But I do know YOU personally, so yeah....there is that!
  • Options
    I didn't use to hate Christmas.  Retail + an overbearing MIL + DH's monster family = not enjoying holiday too much.  I kinda love that my family is the only one here, b/c it's just so nice and peaceful.  We eat and visit.  That's pretty much it.  There's a small gift exchange that no one goes into debt over.
  • Options
    H likes to make all this food and drink that reminds him of Germany.  It's the most heavenly combination of smells.  Someday we need to go to Germany during Christmastime.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards