Wedding Woes
Options

This is not me

I'm not super competitive with other women. Especially friends. The guys on the radio are saying "women cannot be real friends with each other"According to the survey, 78% of women admit that they're competitive with other ladies. SIX in TEN say that when they're on the treadmill, they always have to run faster and longer than the woman on the next treadmill.  28% insist on always having the last word in an argument.  24% say they'll spend an entire day cooking just so they have the best dish at a dinner party. 44% say they they'll intentionally flirt with a guy their friend has a crush on just to make her jealous. 26% say they'd immediately go on a diet if a girlfriend lost weight. And, overall, 7% of women say they'll only date a man if he's less attractive than they are.

Re: This is not me

• Options
    ::standing with you::I am not this way either.  I try my damnedest to be happy for other's success, be happy with myself and keep my goals, MY goals.Sheesh.Some crazy b*tches out there.
  • Options
    None of that stuff means a thing to me.  Well, maybe the best dish, but I'd rather it take 5 minutes than all day.
  • Options
    I know women like this, but I don't think it is me.  I'm too lazy to be competitive.  And WTH at dating less attractive men?  Although, I would bet that those same 7% of women have grossly overestimated their own looks.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SIX in TEN say that when they're on the treadmill, they always have to run faster and longer than the woman on the next treadmill. Yet another reason to not go to the gym. I would write a freaking book on the evils of working out ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    the treadmill thing? Totally true. I'll be half way through a workout (where I keep a steady pace, 3.5 miles an hour) and someone will come in, look over at me, and continue to step up their treadmill to the point that they can barely stay on it. For serious I won't have the leg strength to pull you away from the machine as it rips off your flesh if you go flying off that thing. I would assume I was crazy if FI hadn't seen it too, multiple times.
  • Options
    They should video tape these crazy chicks flying off the treadmills.  I remember being competitive with ONE girl in COLLEGE.  Yeah, I would hope a grown woman wouldn't be that way.
  • Options
    I always pick a treadmill next to someone going really fast as  motivation. I'm not going to go as fast as them, but I try to keep up. They probably think I'm weird.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    L bff said the same thing. She uses the person next to her as motivation and for pacing herself. Hell, I'm just happy not to actually flip over the bars on the side.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards