Wedding Woes
Options

to surgery (pt. 4)

The surgeon came in and explained some stuff to us (number of incisions, answered some questions, just plain talked to us). I really liked him and was surprisingly calm about everything. The transport guy came down and told me I had to get into my birthday suit. Once that was done, I got back into my gown and we were on our way to surgery.

He was a pleasant enough guy, made small talk, warned me that I was going to have to answer all of the questions I was asked downstairs once I got upstairs, TWICE. (this was nice to know)

Everyone in surgery was great. The annestelogist was a total douche nozzle. He was asking the questions like he was a freakin' sports announcer or something. But I didn't say jack 'cuz he is the guy with the good stuff, and you don't mess with that dude.

I had to say goodbye to H, give him my glasses, and we (me and the nurse) were on our way. I was in OR #1 - I took that as a good sign. (as an aside, I should totally live in an OR. They are so CLEAN!). They gor me all situated on the table and the tool bag annestelogist put a mask sort of on my face. The surgeon came over and adjusted the mask, told me it was oxygen and some more things to me. I said thank you, told him how much I appreciated him explaining everything, and told him how much it helped an anxious person like me. The surgical staff had a a chuckle over that one.

Then the annestelogist put the mask with the night night stuff in it on my face and was basically screaming "HAPPY THOUGHTS, HAPPY THOUGHTS" over my face. I wish it had been the surgeon talking to me instead and then I don't remember anything.

I woke up in a dark room and some nurse said my name. Then I remember being introduced to the nurse in my room where I was going to be spending the night.

Re: to surgery (pt. 4)

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That stuff is weird, isn't it?  And it tastes funny.
  • Options
    MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All the anesthesiologists I've ever met were douchebags as well. They make a literal shitton of money and think their schit don't stink.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't remember there being any taste. Well, the pink lemonade stuff was nasty.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got my tonsils out at a children's hospital and the anesthesia tasted like creamsicles. it was not as good when i got my sinus surgery a few years ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards