Washington-Seattle
Options

std question.

is putting the city of our wedding on our STD important? it just doesn't look cute. but if it is completely necessary then i guess i'll do it.
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: std question.

• Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Probably...especially if people will be making hotel arrangements.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ... uh-oh. Maybe we can find space for the city name on our postcards :).

... EDIT which is to say, it's probably not the worst thing in the world if the city name isn't on the STDs.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    On our magnet, no. But I made a cute little card that I inserted w/ the magnet that told them where it was, the # of the resort, and the link to our wedding website for more info. And the latest they could RSVP. I typed all this info up on the computer, printed them out, cut them into strips, and bought cute black card stock at Staples. Then pasted and sent! Hope that helps!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope. I didn't put the city in case for some crazy reason something changed. I did give info on our OOT hotel on a separate card...but the hotel could have stayed the same if something changed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Melissa I'm glad to hear you didin't put the city! I didn't put the city and I was panicking as I was reading this post! Plus I guess if there are any questions on where the wedding is the fam can contact FI, our moms, or me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hemmed and hawed on this one.  I scoured the internet to see what the majority was, and then just decided to do it, since my wedding is in BFE.  I don't think it's the end of the world if you don't though.  Are you having a website for guests?  Because if you are & you put it there, you're fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well if you have lived here for awhile I wouldn't think it would be a big deal to leave it off because most people will assume you are getting married here, also if you have a lot of family here... plus they will get all the detailed info, hotel stuff in the invite! :)
  • Options
    amylbellamylbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we put it on the bottom of our magnet...it's a nice fyi but if you but details on your websitre people will find out more there anyway
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I put the city on mine. We almost forgot! I would try to put it in somehow, somewhere just so people know where to travel to... ... side note, sarack you are a silver poster now! Fancy :)
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay! i'm moving on up Karebear!!!!

we are having a website. it says where everything is and has hotel info on that. most people that are coming from OOT will likely stay with family that lives here. Most people live here so there are probably only 15 OOT guests.

ok, another question, should i include the website on the little insert? or should it go on the magnet? sooo many things to worry about when doing this!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say go with what ever you want to do. Insert should be just fine. I am not a fan of too many enclosures with STD, but that is just me.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would put the website on the magnet and skip the city, which they can find on the website if needed. I just received a magnet STD from a friend and knowing me, will likely lose the insert. The magnet is already safe on the fridge.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree with KST! I think the website on the magnet will be a safe place where all your guests can look up information.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for your help. maybe i'll try to post the stds on here and see what you guys think. maybe. :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We put the cities and website information on ours.  Which reminds me...the website needs some serious updating.
    -Liss EED (Estimated Eviction Date): February 18th, 17th, 21st and now the 14th. Who knows...they change the date every appointment! BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~February 2012~Siggy Challenge~Favorite Halloween Candy~
    My Sometimes Updated Belly Blog
  • Options
    Alo822Alo822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We put both the city and the website on ours. But since more than 50% of the guests are from OOT, it made sense for us. FI and I are the only members of our families that currently live in WA, and we have family all over the world, so the fact that we chose to have the wedding in Seattle was important to convey. 

That said, I think that if you have the info on your website, you'll be fine. :)
    Alison & Rob 6.5.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards